VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Re: So Arrested Development is nominated for the Emmy again this year... (bzcat)

Quote, originally posted by bzcat »
Too bad the show is cancelled. It was my favorite show on TV.

Heard that this morning as well. Leave it to FOX to drop a show nominated for an Emmy for a Reality Show. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
29,372 Posts
Re: So Arrested Development is nominated for the Emmy again this year... (bzcat)

Several of the noms were for cancelled or defunct shows. Typical.
Any nothing for Desperate Housewives and Lost...

·
2011 BMW 328i xDrive Touring 6MT ZSP
48,444 Posts
Re: So Arrested Development is nominated for the Emmy again this year... (johnoneal)

Quote, originally posted by johnoneal »
Maybe another network will pick it up like Comedy Central is doing for Futurama

Almost happened! Showtime wanted to pick it up but the creator decided he was done with it. Too bad, AD was the best show on TV.

·
Registered
25,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (Pnut)

Quote, originally posted by Pnut »
Freakin idiot FOX...ruined the chances for more AD. I cant get enough of this show.

Yes... the same stupid idiots that gave us 3 seasons despite low ratings and huge production deficits...
If anything, you should thank FOX for keep the show on air for as long as it did.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Re: (american gigolo)

I only heard about/watched Seasons 1 + 2 about two months ago.
I have to say, it is one of the funniest television shows I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: (bzcat)

Yes... the same stupid idiots that gave us 3 seasons despite low ratings and huge production deficits...
If anything, you should thank FOX for keep the show on air for as long as it did.

true.
if anything, blame the general population for being too stupid
to get the jokes. more people are willing to watch garbage reality
series...

·
48,444 Posts

Ok, but Fox is partly to blame for that - they moved the show around quite a bit, let it go weeks and weeks without new episodes, shortened the seasons, etc.
And it certainly didn't help that the showed the final four episodes during the opening ceremonies of the winter olympics!
I can't wait for season three on DVD...

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

^^^
that's true also. it was hard for people to keep
track of it, especially when they don't show new
episodes for 4 weeks straight. watching 24, i would
see like a 100 commercials for bones, but not one
for AD.
COME ON!

·
Registered
25,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

Ok, but Fox is partly to blame for that - they moved the show around quite a bit, let it go weeks and weeks without new episodes, shortened the seasons, etc.
And it certainly didn't help that the showed the final four episodes during the opening ceremonies of the winter olympics!
I can't wait for season three on DVD...

Quote, originally posted by laychooba »
^^^
that's true also. it was hard for people to keep
track of it, especially when they don't show new
episodes for 4 weeks straight. watching 24, i would
see like a 100 commercials for bones, but not one
for AD.
COME ON!

I'm not going to defend Fox (moderators can look up my IP address and see where I work
) but...
AD got the best spot for comedy on Fox its first year - after Simpsons and it didn't do very good.
Fox did advertise AD non stop during baseball and summer before the 1st and 2nd seasons and it didn't help.
Fox pulled the show during sweeps to protect it when other networks are showing original episodes. Rather than "buring off" episodes, they tried to prolong the shelve life.
The shortening of seasons was invetible for a show that barely gets a 2.0 rating on network TV. Let's put that in perspective... Family Guy routingly got 2.5 against Friends on Thursday night and it still got cancelled... twice. In some weeks, AD's rating was near 1.5 with 6 or 7 share... 12 year old Law & Order rerun on TNT get better ratings than that.
And lastly, I think it is a really sad commentary on the general TV watching public that this show got canned but sitcoms that slavishly follows formats and predictable plot lines continues on air. Who is watching Reba or Two and a Half Men? I want to kill these people...

[EDIT] Seem like Canadians watch this show a lot more than Americans?

Modified by bzcat at 1:54 AM 7-8-2006

·
48,444 Posts

And lastly, I think it is a really sad commentary on the general TV watching public that this show got canned but sitcoms that slavishly follows formats and predictable plot lines continues on air. Who is watching Reba or Two and a Half Men? I want to kill these people...

Agreed 100%. The "traditional" sitcom format sucks; I watch The Office and Scrubs, but that's it for sitcoms.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts