VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 8784 Posts

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Years folks! Let's see who rolled out of bed and hit it this morning...
Me?
2.5 hours and the cross bike w/700x30 tires
46 degrees and rain
70km
70% paved/30%dirt and gravel
Nothing like a little HTFU to start the year!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Re: So, did you ride today? (merckx56)

1.5 hours on the trainer. Group ride tomorrow morning ice permitting. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Re: (abt cup)

1 1/2 hours on the trails by my house with an old friend....
50 degrees, raining hard and wind bustling....

·
Registered
486 Posts

Only the snowboard. We got 7" of snow over the past few days. Props to you guys who got out on the bikes. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Re: (benjaminobscene)

We did our shop New Years ride today. Up lookout mountain on the road and then down Apex Trail in the snow.
Time = not enough
Vertical = just enough
Distance = probably not much
Fun = Tons!
Photos are here
at Flickr
Video coming soon

·
Registered
981 Posts
Re: (patrikman)

Rode yesterday at the trail we just built this last year. Current loop is 2.5 miles but will have an additional 7-12 mile trail in the park this next year.
12 people - 1st Annual Hangover Ride
13F outside with a little snow/ice on the trail.
Did 4 laps and went home to warm up.

did it all on about 3 hours of sleep.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: (whooteeknee)

Today (Saturday)
3 hours on the cross bike
90% dirt roads
30 degrees and 20 mph winds
One pretty good crash (not me)

8 of us showed for a Memorial Ride for a friend who was murdered (Literally!) about 8 weeks ago. Great/Epic ride with a bunch a buddies in honor of a guy who was one of a kind!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

Had a whole lot of fun in the mud today. Did the White's Hill to Pine Mountain loop and came down Repack. I took my single speed rigid 29er. I ended the ride with beers and brats at the Gestalthaus. All in all, a very rewarding day.

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
Re: So, did you ride today? (OriginalGTI)

Quote, originally posted by OriginalGTI »
Had a whole lot of fun in the mud today. Did the White's Hill to Pine Mountain loop and came down Repack. I took my single speed rigid 29er. I ended the ride with beers and brats at the Gestalthaus. All in all, a very rewarding day.

Sounds awesome, Repak looks pretty wild. I forget the name of the movie but it's basically a documentary on mountain bikings roots around that area and the Repak race. Very cool stuff.
I rode about 2 miles to the gas station in the morning on my SS rigid 29's cause it was crappy and snowy out. I'm not that hardcore to road ride when it's cold.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

I know I'm late to the party here but we have 3.5 feet of snow on the ground and enough rock salt on the roads to grind my frame into dust in approximately 5 miles.
Biding my time....slowly...painfully....damnit I need to get a trainer!!!

·
Registered
9,899 Posts

I wanted to ride a 100 on the 1st but it was raining in FL so I did not want to clean up the bike for the ride home. I finished up the year with 921.9 miles for december, and we did a 4 hr and 55 min century in 12/31/09.
It is crazy cold here in NJ, just got back a noon time today...

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Re: So, did you ride today? (B3passatBMX)

Quote, originally posted by B3passatBMX »

Sounds awesome, Repak looks pretty wild. I forget the name of the movie but it's basically a documentary on mountain bikings roots around that area and the Repak race. Very cool stuff.

Klunkerz is the movie. It's awsome being able to ride those trails whenever I feel like it.

1 - 20 of 8784 Posts