VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ditched the chrome. I wasn't going to spend a bunch of money/time on these (got them used for $670 shipped with tires about 3 years ago). From what I can tell, the best odds I had was to clean, Scotch Brite, adhesion promoter, base and clear. That is what I did over the last two days. I still need to wetsand them and polish, so they're about 85% done. Anyway, chrome is hidden now. Let's see how the paint holds up
. I'll report back my findings, but the paint seems to be sticking well. Oh, also put some new H&R 10mm rear spacers. Spacing is perfect front and rear now!

And I got rid of the Mercedes center caps for something a bit more VW-family-oriented

· Registered
81,565 Posts
Looking much better. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (TieRod)

It's pretty low now. This is the original ride height pictured below, VW lowered them in 2001 for the rollover system and I lowered it another 2" front and 1" rear:

can you say "wheel gap"?

Modified by shanghai'd at 2:23 PM 8-4-2008

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: FV-QR (_Steve_)

Quote, originally posted by _Steve_ »
Bah, that is low enough, wife's daily driver, yeah? I went Eddie low on my wife's Passat wagon, guess where that got me. Car got sold.

This is my wife's car.
I drive a conservative Volvo:

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: FV-QR (Bucketmaster)

Quote, originally posted by Bucketmaster »
^ baller!
i love eurovans w vr's

After 2001 with 24 valve. The 12 valve is a bit of a dog pushing this beast of a vehicle around.

· Registered
2,482 Posts
Re: FV-QR (shanghai'd)

Quote, originally posted by shanghai’d »

After 2001 with 24 valve. The 12 valve is a bit of a dog pushing this beast of a vehicle around.

right.... way better than a 2.5l audi 5 however http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
19,668 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Bucketmaster)

Look good Jeremy, You bringing that out to WaterWerks right?

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: FV-QR (MEISTER)

Thanks Dave. My in-laws (from Melbourne, AUS) are in town until Aug 20. I seriously doubt it, but I'll try. If I could pull in, get judged and leave, it might work. Palmer can represent the van drivers.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.