VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sold my Borla exhaust to a kid on craigslist today and strapped my OEM Vr6 exhaust back on. The only reason I sold it was because the kid offered me more $$ then I paid for it new :D and he threw in his Wii setup with games that I sold to gamestop for $400. It was a lot of ****. I'm pretty sure he stole the **** but oh well what's done is done. . . . :) now I've been scouring the web and the classifieds for another Borla cat back system. No dice. I bought mine of ECStuning before and they no longer carry it. Are there any other exhausts that you fellow Vortex-er's would suggest looking into for a few hp gains and some deep throaty Vr6 sex? :laugh:

Let me know, feel free to offer anything or tell any of your friends I'm looking for this. Will pay a finders fee to whomever leads me to a sale. 24v Vr6 2002 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
go to techtonics tuning site, they sell the borla set-up if thats what you are looking for.

http://techtonicstuning.com/main/in...t_info&cPath=2_14_287_288_294&products_id=612

(thats for a golf, they have the jetta too. not sure if it even matters)
Thanks for the link, those are turbo-back's but thank you :thumbup: I will check them out.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: Thanks. That's crazy cheap considering I made $400 on the wii stuff and the kid gave me $500 cash :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: i love craigslist. Kid was 17....and I'm pretty sure he had a 2000 1.8 T :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Thanks for the link, those are turbo-back's but thank you :thumbup: I will check them out.
thats the cat-back version, read the title/description :thumbup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I thought the best sounding exhaust on the 6 was Magnaflow...maybe times have changed
my buddy is running a catless magnaflow setup on his VR and its sex when you get on it. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
i like my TT w/ borla. i think it sounds better with only 1 resonator though. when you call to order it just ask and they will make your exhaust for you however you want it. also, if you have a 12v and want to get rid of the cat you can ask them to make it without the reduction for the smaller size outlet for the cat, and run a 42dd test pipe.

i wish it was easier to get rid of my cat. why the hell did they have to make it 1 piece with the downpipe on 24v's?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.