VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after selling the Fiesta ST i wanted to get into something a bit larger and more capable. With the list of toys growing at the cottage and the 6-7 frustrating "how the heck am i stuck in 1cm of snow" instances, i decided to start my search for a Jeep. Ends up that i couldn't find a Rubicon that wasent in terrible shape, modified or beat to a pulp- nor was i willing pay the Rubicon tax. Regardless, i began hunting for an FJ after hearing people rave about them. I feel in love with it's weird shape and funky layout!

What i did find is that the FJ also carried the "cult tax" and that they were surprisingly the #1 vehicle in holding its resale value. Long story short- found a 2007 FJ (C-Package/Offroad package)with 110,000 miles (180km roughly) in incredible shape, full records and 1 owner for roughly 11k usd. During my search, i also found some 07-09 examples with 4-600,000km, still going for a pretty penny that's insane. Regardless, i am hoping to keep this one for a bit- and hopefully when i am tired of it i can claw back a good chunk of what i paid.

Pics:

Time to climb some hills!:wave:

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts
From what I've heard, just like Jeeps, they're very capable right out of the box.

Great colour combo, way better than the porta-potty edition.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
terrible :sly:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts