VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i found my wheelsa that where visciously stolen off of my corrado 4 months ago. spotted them on a riced out civic parked at a garage. stopped and found the owner. told him the story while he played dumb claiming he bought em from the flea market. i know they were mine because they had 3 falken's and one kuhmo. not to mention the only set i had ever seen in town. anyway i call the cops. they come out and tell me even though i filed a police report,have receipts, have pictures and severl witnesses to back me up there is no way i can get my wheels back.
because they dont have individual serial #'s im outta luck.
and.... i cant press charges on this guy myself. an officer and or detective has to do so. and without any hard eveidece such as serial #'s there is no case. so what should i do? has anybody been down this road? obviously i could go steal my wheels back but risk getting caught.
or i could simply take my anger out on the honda. any suggestions on how to legally get my wheels back?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (REPOMAN)

Why don't you go old school and stick a potato up his exhaust pipe? Better yet, hook up with his girlfriend. Find out where he works and harass him. Play dirty tricks on him, put stupid bumper stickers on his car that says " I brake for Dinosaurs " or " I lost 10 lbs.-ask me how ".

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (BeeDub)

get a clue - you have a motive and now that you told the cops that you know who it is, if you steal them you are the prime suspect. unless you pull off a "perfect crime" you will probably get caught.
He probably bought them off the back of a truck. So he probably knew they were stolen, but not directly from you.

·
Registered
32,664 Posts
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (BeeDub)

hang on a second, if you were to steal them back and he were to call the police, wouldnt the cops tell him the same thing about not being able to verify serial numbers and what not? if they're your rims, take back whats yours. dont put up with his nonesense http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (T0oDamnFast)

you are the most likely suspect, do not stoop to violence or the level of the thief.
Have a friend do it for you.
Then again this guy could be telling the truth. Would you want to harm another innocent bystander? That would make you worse than the thief.
hard call mate.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (mrkrad)

If you're sure they are yours, which it certainly sounds like they are, just pay a friend 20 bucks to go steal them for you, then ebay them. i got a couple friends who would probably do it for ten

however this is all assuming they are your wheels and tires http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
27,736 Posts
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (mrkrad)

Thats hysterical. You cant win, the cops will come straight to you, as will the civic nation,

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (vdubjb)

Take the law into your own hands, dog. It's the only way to go if our system/law enforcement isn't prepared to help.
What goes around, come around. Handle your business, dude.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (kmveedub)

steal his wheels, and why yur at it why not have at it with a little paint thinner and some eggs

·
Registered
520 Posts
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (93ceedo)

Like the man said, the cops would just give this guy the same story they gave you. Without serial #'s, they wont do isht. So with that said, take back what is yours. Just don't be a retard about it and do it smart. Smooth is fast, fast is smooth.
Oh, and don't ebay them. That might be enough evidence for the cops to nail you.
Im with this dude on the paint thinner and eggs. Id like to add to that too...Mercury. Hope I spelled that right. You know, the red stuff in thermometers...that stuff eats right through metal. Score your self a nice bit of it, poor it on his hood and let it eat right through it and down into the engine block.

The sledge hammer sounds nice too but too loud. Take back what is yours! Hack the planet!

Brett

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (16v po boy)

i totally agree with this guys. steal them back. after all, you have receipts of them if you get in trouble.this proves that you bought them. keeping them though is not an option, sell them under the water to someone. the heck with paint thinner and eggs. simply go and buy aircraft paint stripper from autozone and do the rest. remember you cant be there for much time so get the wheels and do the rest afterwards. also if you steal some of his aftermarket stuff from the outside would be better because it would look like vandalism and not payback. just my .02 cents good luck and be carefull man

·
Registered
20,415 Posts

what the officer told you is NOT correct. Wheels do not need to have serial numbers to be retrieved. All they need are identifying marks. If you have pics of the wheels that show scrapes and scuffs in specific locations, thats all you need. Your best bet is to talk to the shift supervisor or lead detective. Get the Po Po on the kid and he'll squeal as to where he got them.
Resort to the stuff listed in this thread, and you're as big of a scumbag as the person that stole them in the first place.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (TBT-PassatG60)

yeah steal them back... put his car on bricks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif then go get a black mask, a baseball bat, and some nice leather gloves, and kick his stupid a$*
OR get all that crap and scare the pis outta him.

·
Registered
930 Posts

I'd have to get some other corrado owners and friends together and "convince" him to give them back to you. Type up a letter stating that they are your wheels and make him sign it...
Give him the option to do the right thing or it will get really hard for him quick. If he plays ball, then no worries. If not, make sure that his car is just a yard decoration.
Also, use pressure points. They don't leave bruises, so no evidence...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: so i found my stolen wheels......... (TBT-PassatG60)

Quote, originally posted by TBT-PassatG60 »
what the officer told you is NOT correct. Wheels do not need to have serial numbers to be retrieved. All they need are identifying marks. If you have pics of the wheels that show scrapes and scuffs in specific locations, thats all you need. Your best bet is to talk to the shift supervisor or lead detective. Get the Po Po on the kid and he'll squeal as to where he got them.
Resort to the stuff listed in this thread, and you're as big of a scumbag as the person that stole them in the first place.

sensible post. im not the type of person to go out and be a vandal. but i do want my wheels back. stealing them isn't as easy as it sounds kids. i found where he lives.... in a decent neighborhood with several others, and works at the garage i saw the car at. which is an impossible place to steal from. yea i might be able to pull it off. and if i could, when the wheels were back in my possesion im confident that with my receipts, pictures etc. that i'd be fine. but..... if i get caught in the act. by him and his amigos it could prove ugly, or if he simply calls the cops. an id on my car or person would lead to charge. and this guy may not have stolen them. more than likely if he did he wouldn't be stupid enough to ride around on them. so that being said if he really did buy them. then in his eyes they are his and im essentially stealing from him just like they were stolen from me. and to be the victim in that scenario is not any fun. as far as identifying marks go. there were none except the one odd tire. the wheels were only 3 months old. sigh. the cops wont do jack for me. i did not even get a follow up call to find out what they found when they questioned the guy.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.