VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got into my car....

and it wont start. it doesnt even try. I had just gotten done driving it 5 seconds earlier. wtf!? Wire come loose? anyone else have this problem?
STarter doesnt even click....I do hear relays when I turn the key to the accy point

Modified by DigitaIK at 9:34 PM 7-19-2005

·
Registered
11,127 Posts
time to roll start it, hehe
sorry i am not of help

·
Banned
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got into my car.... (speedtriple43)

Quote, originally posted by speedtriple43 »
Happens to millions daily. Maybe a hot start problem? Need more info; sounds, ever happen before, etc.

no sounds, never before, completely out of nowhere.... ran awesome, fast, hard, rockin....parked quick to go run in and get something, came back out and nothing.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Re: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got into my car.... (DigitaIK)

seatbelt plugged in? Plug in thingy has flaky connection? Little wire fell off the starter? Do you have a multimeter to check voltage at starter? Are you still at the store??

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Re: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got into my car.... (Bondoboy)

Quote, originally posted by DigitaIK »

no sounds, never before, completely out of nowhere.... ran awesome, fast, hard, rockin....parked quick to go run in and get something, came back out and nothing.

Sounds like your starter is packing it in. Usually happens after a hard run like that.
Tap the starter. Give it a couple whacks with the butt end of tool, then crank again.

Modified by 87JettaKid at 10:01 PM 7-19-2005

·
Banned
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got into my car.... (87JettaKid)

Quote, originally posted by 87JettaKid »
Tap the starter. Give it a couple whacks with the butt end of tool, then crank again.

it'll be easy to get under there.... (stupid 3''+ drop)
the jacks just sink in at my parking lot

·
Banned
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got into my car.... (Bondoboy)

Quote, originally posted by Bondoboy »
seatbelt plugged in? Plug in thingy has flaky connection? Little wire fell off the starter? Do you have a multimeter to check voltage at starter? Are you still at the store??

I think it works w/out the seatbelt anyways? im gonna check the starter tomorrow, no multimeter but I do have a testlight I'll put on it...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Re: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got into my car.... (DigitaIK)

Quote, originally posted by DigitaIK »

it'll be easy to get under there.... (stupid 3''+ drop)
the jacks just sink in at my parking lot

You have an auto? Thats not helping us out much.

·
Banned
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got into my car.... (87JettaKid)

Quote, originally posted by 87JettaKid »
Could be a hundred things, more info we need.
ignition switch
battery
grounds
starter solenoid
etc.

ignition switch seems to work ok, battery is an optima red top, I tried re-seating the terminals.... what grounds would I look at? I dont think its the ignition switch, as I hear the accy relays click and **** when I turn the key

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Re: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I got into my car.... (kweetech)

if you absolutely need to start it, find one/two friends and if you push it to about 5mph in second gear and pop the clutch while turning the iginition it will start, had the same problem in my jetta, enabed me to drive to the autoparts store to buy a new starter
good luck

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.