VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re: So, I have compiled a list of common issues and remedies for the 2.0T (VWAUDITEK)

Quote, originally posted by VWAUDITEK »
Excellent!! I think you may ACTUALLY WORK on VAG cars!!

i don't actually work for VW, though i do most of the mods on my car myself.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Re: So, I have compiled a list of common issues and remedies for the 2.0T (D.Passat00)

Great write up and thank you for the information it will be very helpfull! I checked my PCV valve and it is the "E" version so I do not know if it needs to be replaced? Can one of you guys give me idea of how I pull it off and how you can tell if it is broken? PLEASE HELP! Thank you!

·
Registered
321 Posts
great write up, haven't had alot of issues myself, but will be replacing my dv this weekend so I will get you pics of riped one, and next week I am taking it in for the flap so will take some pics of that for you as well

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: So, I have compiled a list of common issues and remedies for the 2.0T (D.Passat00)

bump cause this is one of the best 2.0t related threads http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
227 Posts
yesterday i did DH's fix for the PCV and when i removed the hose, i saw that there was pretty much oil in it. where is it coming from? is it the PCV or is it the rear PCV? there is also oil around my Forge Spacer...
I think (and hope) it's the rear PCV that lets oil from the crankcase to the turbo side and that being for a long period of time it got to the intake as well. I would much apreciate some more competent opinion

·
Registered
227 Posts
update: my PCV is revision D so it has 2 one way valves incorporated, but i have oil accumulation around the DV, if i get the:
"PCV valve cover to turbo hose: 06F 103 215 A
PCV tube to turbo metal gasket: 06F 145 757 F"
i will have 2 rear pcv one way valves, would this cause a problem with something?

9,888 Posts
Re: So, I have compiled a list of common issues and remedies for the 2.0T (emo_dubber)

Quote, originally posted by emo_dubber »
LMAO nice one dude.. haha its the music i listen too not the way i am, my europlate says emo-Dubber lol

I didn't think you would be offended, like some of the music too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i just removed my intake today and i noticed that there is a very thin and fine layer of oil in the intake piping that conects to the turbo inlet (in the back of the ingine)
could this be a sign of rear pcv failure? or could it be vapour from the turbo? is it bad :-s

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Re: (djorkaeff_andrei)

Quote, originally posted by djorkaeff_andrei »
i just removed my intake today and i noticed that there is a very thin and fine layer of oil in the intake piping that conects to the turbo inlet (in the back of the ingine)
could this be a sign of rear pcv failure? or could it be vapour from the turbo? is it bad :-s

some oil in the intake piping is normal. you'd wanna check to see if there is oil on the dv, which could be a sign of rear pcv failure.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.