VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: So, I have compiled a list of common issues and remedies for the 2.0T (D.Passat00)

D.Passat-
This is a great thread on a very useful topic. I just want to point out that some folks have reported that when the PCV valve fails the idle speed can be affected. Here's one link to consider:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3798247
It might be worth adding this symptom to your very helpful list.
Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Re: So, I have compiled a list of common issues and remedies for the 2.0T (D.Passat00)

d.passat,what could be my problem:
fuel rail,pressure too low.lower limit exceeded.
replaced intank fuel pump,cam follower,camshaft,hpfp,fuel filter still the same.
what could be my problem?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: So, I have compiled a list of common issues and remedies for the 2.0T (mazen...)

I had a CEL for several weeks and VW replaced my "Tumble flap motor." VW claimed the old one was stuck open. My wife had to drive it back home, as I was sick with the crud. Today was the first day I drove it since the repair. All I can say is "WOW! What a difference!
Now, I loose all power as the tach sweeps past 3,000 rpm. Can one botch the job? Can one repair affect something else?
I don't have VAGCOM, and am 120 miles from the nearest dealer. I will probably be back there this week for other issues. I have a feeling the mechanics aren't looking at things too well. So, how does one without diagnostic software gently guide these guys (who are supposed to be professionals) to be looking at particular things? You see, we are all "experts at a particular thing, but diagnosing newer model, turbocharged VW engines is not my field of experience and I really have other fields in my life I'm better at. These people know this, and I predict it will be futile to get into a pissing contest with a mechanic over why he's not looking at diverter valves.
Smell where I'm coming from?

·
Registered
357 Posts

my audi a4 b7 had the check engine light come on and i could now fill the gas tank all the way up. the dealer could not find what was making the light come on. then my car died and i had it towed to the audi dealer and they replaced the high fule pressure pump and it was good for a week and now the light comes on and i cant fill the fuel tank up agen and they tern the light off but it just comes back on. and it has less power then it did in the beginning. i dont know what to do if they cant fix it.
thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Wow!
I read every inch. Far more than I could deal with but very informative. But, I'm having rev hang on my 08 Jetta Wolfie. Dealer is blowing me off. Suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Fuel cut-out symptoms range from soft pulsations of power to long-pulse bucking
while in high-gear high-load situations (high gear at WOT, or up a grade). MIL may
flash if cut-out is severe. Car will also go into hard-limp (no boost, 4500RPM limit)
if severe enough.
Coil pack misfire (non-fire, lol) symptoms are shorter duration, rather violent, and
also result in backfires from unburnt fuel entering the exhaust system. The MIL
usually starts flashing. Car may or may not go into limp.
Pin-hole DV failures usually allow boost to spike, but will then suddenly vent boost.
Tearing in the DV usually only allows 6-7 PSI. Boost will not spike.
Front PCV failure usually results in oil accumulation around the filler cap, etc. as
described.
Rear PCV failure usually results in oil accumulation around the DV, and will produce
a little blue oil smoke at WOT applications.

Modified by DirtyDisco. at 9:20 AM 7-31-2007
I am currently experiencing the fuel cut-out symptoms to a T...couldn't have described it better myself. What is the most common cause of this?

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I am currently experiencing the fuel cut-out symptoms to a T...couldn't have described it better myself. What is the most common cause of this?
cam follower wear resulting in HPFP and sometimes camshaft destruction.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Yikes...that sounds fairly serious. Is this something that will get worse with time? IE should I get my car to the dealer immediately? Or is it safe to keep driving for a week or two?
no, its done. even before there are fuel cuts there is damage. you need to check and change your cam follower every 10,000-20,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
great post here! thank you for this! :thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ac Compressor 2006 A3

Hi everyone, I just bought a 2006 A3 with 56K miles..

I was looking over the service history and noticed on 08/2006 the ac died, then it seized up at the end of 09/2006 requiring a full replacement (again).

Interesting enough, I have not see any more problems with the AC after that and the last owner mentioned it has never given him problems in the last 3yrs as well.

I have linked a photo but I cannot see the part number tag, is it possible if you guys can tell me if this is the defective unit? Or do the different manufacturers still look the same?

Should I consider getting it replaced with a new one "before she blows" and takes out multiple other systems?

Thanks

·
Registered
'02 Black GTi 1.8t, manual, Neuspeed short shift, SAI delete
101 Posts
Pics gone :(

Excellent post - thank you. Wish the pics were visible, rather than blocked by Photobucket. Anyone know of a secondary archived copy of this post with good pics (ECS Tuning sometimes has that)? Really wish we could see the photos.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.