VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leave the house yesterday, and my car is gone. Like nowhere to be found. This is unusual behavior, because in the three years I have owned my car, it has never run away before.
I called the cops, of course. Upon further inspection, I found one of my taillights and a front grille insert, as well as some various Honda Parts, where my car used to be. People usually don't remove your taillight and smash it to bits before stealing you car, so I had a feeling something very bad happened to it.
Well, that feeling was right. Cops show up, and say - "Oh, yeah - someone pummeled your car this morning. we towed it away. Sorry we never told you. Have a nice day, here is the case number".
So after a few hours of tracking it down, I finally found my poor little Turbo-Golf. I have yet to see the police report, but apparently a green Honda of some sort got jealous of my Turbo and decided to kamakaze my car while it sat parked on the end of the row.
Imagine wandering through the lot and finding your car looking like this:

No word yet from insurance, but I am not too optimistic that it isn't totaled. The other car must have hit it going around 45 or 50 MPH. The rear suspension came off of the axle, and the entire roof is buckled up behind the sunroof.
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif major downer http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Modified by Bootzilla at 3:01 PM 7-2-2003

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Re: So I leave the house yesterday, and...(I think it's dead, Jim) (Bootzilla)

I don't think I've uttered this before on the Tex, but WTF!!!
That is some messed up ish!
I can't look anymore...

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: So I leave the house yesterday, and...(I think it's dead, Jim) (RHADZ71)

and to help try to make this a positive for someone out there - That is a pic of Indigo blue with 35% on the sides, and 20% tint on the back window.
Ironically - it was the first pic I had to post of it with the tint - I only had it done a few months ago...

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

Did that happen in College Park? Where?
Sorry Man, I hope that everything works out.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts

The tint looks nice.

Seriously though, that really sucks.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts

i can't imagine a funnier way you could have said all that...
Quote, originally posted by bootzilla »

in the three years I have owned my car, it has never run away before

lol!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: So I leave the house yesterday, and...(I think it's dead, Jim) (GTIturbo6400)

Quote, originally posted by GTIturbo6400 »
The tint looks nice.

I thought it came out ok. I was hesitant about the 20% on the back looking out of place, but it actually worked out perfect.
Happened in Baltimore City.
Another good thing that I noticed - despite the fact that the impact was obiviously very hard - you can see in the pic that the car distributed the impact across the hatch, rear fender, and the roof - the rear passenger door/passenger compartment looks untouched. Good crumple-zone design VW http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif !

·
Registered
213 Posts
That Absolutly SUX. I tried really hard to find a 4Door 1.8T Golf when I was buying my car cuz I think they are amazing. Even if there is a chance that its not totalled, it would never drive the same again. Really sorry about your loss.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Re: So I leave the house yesterday, and...(I think it's dead, Jim) (Xanthazar)

Quote, originally posted by Xanthazar »
i can't imagine a funnier way you could have said all that...

I agree -- you're keeping your perspecive amazingly well (much better than I would). That really, really sucks about your car.

·
Registered
258 Posts

man....i can't tell you i know how that feels because i don't....all i know is that really f***** sucks.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: So I leave the house yesterday, and...(I think it's dead, Jim) (OstTrefftWest)

Quote, originally posted by OstTrefftWest »
I agree -- you're keeping your perspecive amazingly well (much better than I would). That really, really sucks about your car.

I am trying to keep it all in perspective, as best as I can. The worst part is knowing that I can't just roll down to my local dub dealer and get another 4-door turbo...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Re: So I leave the house yesterday, and...(I think it's dead, Jim) (kkkiranreddy)

how would they have gotten your tail light out without opening the trunk?
how did they get in and no alarm went off
so they hotwired it? or did you have a key in it or something?
and they stole it, then crashed it, and bailed?
its always the hondas....
its a beautiful car man, i am sorry

·
Registered
421 Posts
Re: So I leave the house yesterday, and...(I think it's dead, Jim) (blueabdjetta)

i got dibs on the armrest...lol...j/k. That looks bad, just be glad that you weren't in it.

·
Registered
195 Posts

I wanna kiss it and make it better, it looks like it hurt

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: So I leave the house yesterday, and...(I think it's dead, Jim) (smurfintp)

Quote, originally posted by smurfintp »
how would they have gotten your tail light out without opening the trunk?
its a beautiful car man, i am sorry

It wasn't actually stolen - It was on the end of the row, a honda smashed into it, and the cops towed it away - so when I went outside, I thought it was stolen, and the taillight and other parts were my clue that somebody probably hit it, instead.
And there was damage on the front-right as well - so even with the parking break on, then hit it hard enough to make it slide into something (another car, maybe?) hard enough that the front bumper is broken, and the hood no longer lines up right.
And if I can get the armrest out, you can have it (although they may frown upon me trying to take parts from it that came from the factory, at this point).

Modified by Bootzilla at 3:37 PM 7-2-2003

1 - 20 of 70 Posts