VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be living in TX by the end of April. If so I'll be living in Temple with my wife and daughter. I see that this forum is not very busy, so what are the GTG's like? Do you guys meet on other boards?
Or is Texas just too big and spread apart for BIG GTG's?
C'mon guys fill me in on the Texas Dub Scene and if anyone knows what Temple is like... let me hear it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: (SauerKraut)

LOL, you know in the PNW forum this thread would've had like 50 replies already...
Don't be sad brah, you can come visit me in Texas, at least you know you got a place to stay... Dang I heard it's like a 4 day drive from here to there mang...
Then again I'm not even sure yet if I'm moving, it all depends on weather I get a job or not.

[Modified by 1.8T A2, 1:30 PM 3-24-2002]

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Re: So, I might be moving to YOUR neck of the wood

VWA is hardly the biggest, check out http://forums.imolaS4.com
Thats where the rest of us hang out..

quote:[HR][/HR]I might be living in TX by the end of April. If so I'll be living in Temple with my wife and daughter. I see that this forum is not very busy, so what are the GTG's like? Do you guys meet on other boards?
Or is Texas just too big and spread apart for BIG GTG's?
C'mon guys fill me in on the Texas Dub Scene and if anyone knows what Temple is like... let me hear it.
Thanks![HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: So, I might be moving to YOUR neck of the wood (zerind)

But no one knows anything about Temple huh????
I'm getting scared...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Re: So, I might be moving to YOUR neck of the wood (1.8T A2)

No one lives in Temple, that's why...
j/k, but really, I do rarely see anyone from Temple. Not sure how much Dub action there is there, other than the people on VWAddiction.....

·
Registered
849 Posts
Re: So, I might be moving to YOUR neck of the wood (idale)

Hrmmmm, Temple is about 60something miles north of Austin...I know that they have some great GTGs down there...it IS Austin of course, and we are planning on going down there again in the near future. Being a West Coast transplant myself, expect the Texas Dubscene to be somewhat disappointing from where you came from, but with a little bit of cultivation, there is a ton of potential! VWAddiction only had about 20 members when I moved to Dallas in December 2000, we're now over 400 members strong. Hope to see you and your family at some future events!

[Modified by DasVWBabe, 12:37 PM 3-26-2002]

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: So, I might be moving to YOUR neck of the wood (DasVWBabe)

Hey thanks.... I noticed Austin was like the closest to Temple as far as big cities go... I mean Dallas is a couple of hours away, Houston, is far as well as San Antonio. I guess Dallas and Temple = Oregon and WA about 3 hrs.
What part of the West Coast you from? Gotta say I know I'll miss the WA Dub scene, eventhough NON of us are in a CLUB, we all meet all the time and hangout. Somehow the "club" thing doesn't seem to take receive interest from the locals... the scene here is LARGE and very, very laid back, with lots of A2's and A1's
Anyhow when I move I'll be looking forward to meeting all the dubbers there.
Anyone got any PICS of GTG's? I wanna see.

·
Registered
849 Posts

I'm actually from Las Vegas....kind of a ricey VW following there...lots of vinyl graphics...

I used to attend events in California; LA, San Diego, San Fran, Santa Clara about once a month. I've been to the Seattle area, for a show in 1998...there was an enormous turnout, and I was quite impressed with the quality of the cars. Texas has GROWN since I moved here, due mainly to the huge volume of MkIV sales. Everyone has a Jetta here!
As far as GTGs go...the Dallas folk had a Sunday drive this weeken...you can check out the pics here.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Gotta say I know I'll miss the WA Dub scene, eventhough NON of us are in a CLUB, we all meet all the time and hangout.[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif That's how the "Austin Passat Club", as I affectionately refer to it, works. Just a group of us (all Passats, coincidentally, hence the name) getting together to eat and chat. Never on a set schedule, never is really about the cars themselves (showing off, etc.), just a group of friends getting together.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: So, I might be moving to YOUR neck of the wood (idale)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Yeah it's funny how that works... Last year at Waterwagens (our First BIG show) so many people showed up, and I know the turnout was especially big b/c of the relaxed setting, yes there were prizes etc, but somehow they were able to convey the idea that ALL dubs were welcome and wanted, old and new, mods and no mods, as long as it was watercooled, the show was huge and that is THE show that I'll miss the most if I end up moving to Texas.
Then again, who says Texas can't become like that... (the way the PNW is with dubs)

·
Registered
626 Posts

temple is about 45 min.from austin.there are a few vdubbers in killeen which is about 20 min.for temple.there are a few of us vw freaks in austin.a couple of aircooled clubs and a watercooled club austinvw.com.they are a bunch of nice guys here i have been to a few meetings and there was a good turnout at the last one i went to.i wish i could of stayed there they went on a cruze and i missed it.i would of taken them to my favorite twisty(makes my girlfriend scream every time)there was a group of guys from vwa there as well.the aircooled club has a big turnout as well and there are some waterheads there too.vw's are not as prevailent as they are up north but us southern boys like them just the same.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Re: So, I might be moving to YOUR neck of the wood (Grandma Higgins)

Kinda off subject, but i'll be in Lake Charles Louisisana in about 7 weeks. If anyone decides thier gonna meet up in Houston, I'm all for it. Thats only a 3 hour drive for me. just a shout out though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts