VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this might not be the right place for this however the MKIII forums is full of too much BS!
I have a Cabbie VR6 that recently had my 16x7 wheels stolen off of it. I had another set of 16x9 RH's that I dropped on, now Im getting a kind of clicking, (more tin tapping) sound from the right front, only when I turn hard to the left. Only does it turning left to lock, no other time! Ive tried right to lock,backwards left and right lock-to-lock,..nothing!
I just had a wheel bearing done bout 2-3months ago, and the only reason I bring that up is cuz at about 60-75mph Im getting a really bad vibration in the steering wheel. At 80 it seems to go away.
Is there anyone that can shine some light on this for me. I just need an idea as to what to expect.

· Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Standbackimapro)

yeah, i checked the tire nothing there. I jacked the car up and had my bro, run through the gears and turn it lock to lock and it didnt make the sound. Seems to only do it under weight? Very strange??

· Registered
786 Posts
Re: so I need help..... (cabbievr6)

Is the steering wheel moving at all when this "knock" happens??

If it is I would check your CV joints. I had one go on my old GTI and it would knock when turning one way and sort of jerk the wheel. Well that was till it completely sheared off.

· Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: so I need help..... (adamea1635)

nope, steering wheel is solid. only vibrates at speed 60-75mph. Which is what made me think wheel bearing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.