VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 of my wheels were bent
i've always liked the huffs but am not sure where a good (cheap) place to buy them is...but then again, i know some people on here have nice looking wheels on their Fahrenheits. leaning towards something black if i go that route. any suggestions???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: so i put new tires on my Fahrenheit, only to find out i need new wheels... (Runin2Rich4FSi)

they are bent on the inside. funny thing is, i never noticed any symptoms while driving?! i've never had any issues like this before but that would be cheaper! slight curb rash on one of them too

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Re: so i put new tires on my Fahrenheit, only to find out i need new wheels... (Runin2Rich4FSi)

as long as the bends arent causing air leaks or wobbles at speed id say keep them till you are ready for new wheels. no sense in rushing.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Re: so i put new tires on my Fahrenheit, only to find out i need new wheels... (ndangrd 3.0)

Quote, originally posted by ndangrd 3.0 »

-
If there was any more Saturation applied to that photo it would be dripping...

I'd keep the wheels on if your not losing air. No reason to waste money

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: so i put new tires on my Fahrenheit, only to find out i need new wheels... (runhopskipendub)

Quote, originally posted by runhopskipendub »
as long as the bends arent causing air leaks or wobbles at speed id say keep them till you are ready for new wheels. no sense in rushing.

i just swapped with the winter wheels a couple of weeks ago & they weren't bent then. i never even noticed with my bald tires howling...but now that i have new re760's that are EXTREMELY quiet, i can feel it a lil bit & psychologically of course. i really don't want to wreck my new tires though, so if it could, then i really need new wheels asap cuz i'm not putting the steelies back on now!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: so i put new tires on my Fahrenheit, only to find out i need new wheels... (DOQ fastlane)

Quote, originally posted by DOQ fastlane »

-
If there was any more Saturation applied to that photo it would be dripping...

yeah, i like that too

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Re: so i put new tires on my Fahrenheit, only to find out i need new wheels... (ndangrd 3.0)

i'd be willing to bet a solid 50% of cars with 18''+ wheels have bends in them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts