my dream swap:thumbup:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
You can do it! :thumbup: I will try to get all the specific details on how to perform a TDI swap up on the web page as soon as I can - could be a while though, tons of work. Also working on putting up all the info on how to Lift a MKII. :D
the swap is easy, its finding a donor in my budget is the hard part :(

·
Registered
526 Posts
You are a beast, and this is my dream swap also, hopefully get this done sometime this year, have the car its going into and everything, its just like steveo, finding the donor is the hard part. And loved the video:beer::thumbup:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It's a stock (almost) ;) :laugh: AHU. not mechanical. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the great comments! :D

And that is a NICE car! :) I like the M-TDI, but It's simple enough to install the full TDI harness that I prefer the TDI. :eek:

And to you guys looking to do this - I wish you luck finding a donor car. The swap itself isn't all that bad. :beer:

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
the swap is easy, its finding a donor in my budget is the hard part :(
I've wanted to do this swap for years. I'm waiting for a driveable mk3 donor for super cheap to pop up locally. Daily that piece into a tree and have insurance cut me a check thus funding me to do this swap :laugh:

F*cking Jazzbob got a 1.9t for free in a new beetle. I love the dude but sometimes I just wanna punch him in the taint.

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Registered
24,968 Posts
niiiice. AHU...isn't that from an mk3? I got a full 1Z swap from a 96 Passat. I thought it was a AAZ till my friend told me they're Mech. injection. AHU & 1Z is the same engine except different turbo correct?

·
Registered
209 Posts
God that's cool! :thumbup: The advantages of CE2... If I had that, I'd be doing that swap in a jiffy!

How did you tackle the pedal cluster? Did you have to modify anything for the drive-by-wire?

1 - 20 of 202 Posts