VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I merged onto the highway and just for the heck of it, I pinned the throttle. I hit about 6000rpm, and all I have to say is "I LOVE MY VR6"
Ever since spending my summer mod money on crappy repairs a month ago I've been holding this resentment towards my car. After driving at anything over 5000rpm, all is forgiven. This car has a sick amount of power higher in the rev range.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Re: So I was driving my car tonight (DanG)

Just imagine watching your cars tach go well beyong the 7K rev mark and listening to the engine throwing over 110 decibals out the tips as you pull 2-3 cars lengths ahead of a 2001 mustang GT with some loud exhaust and some chrome 20's...and you manage to stay there till he stops trying to figure out what kind of car he's racin. "Damn, I luv my VR6." Come to think of it though...id trade it out for a 450HP 1.8T with a nice blow off valve. Or more importantly, if i chucked half of the money i gotz in my motor...into a 427 side oiler...i would run high 9's in the quarter...and nuthing short of a blown henessy viper would touch me...so perhaps I should shut my mouth. Don't tell though. heehee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.