VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I found this instead.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Wheel Land vehicle

2009 Town Car with less than 43k on the clock. This thing is minty fresh with absolutely no rust and only a couple very small scratches in the paint. I wanted a big body American sedan and I think I got my money's worth. Traded the old Passat in on it and they gave me close to $2k for that old girl. I'm very pleased with myself right now.

Premium Member
Ha. Mobile living rooms is what these things are. Knew a few people growing up that only ever owned Towncars. If a set of those fat 5 spokes from a Merc Maurader can be sourced, do it. Otherwise, enjoy the ride.

Registered
Nice. I got a 2010 Grand Marquis rental and really, really enjoyed driving it. Not fast, but feels strong/torquey/effortless, did 1-leggers for days, would do about 50 MPH in 1st and I never found out how fast it would go in 2nd (let off at 85 MPH, haha). In-town MPG is bad but it will get low/mid 20s on the highway if you try a little (barely above idle speed).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha. Mobile living rooms is what these things are. Knew a few people growing up that only ever owned Towncars. If a set of those fat 5 spokes from a Merc Maurader can be sourced, do it. Otherwise, enjoy the ride.
Wouldn't mind finding some tasteful 18x9's but that won't be until she needs tires.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. I got a 2010 Grand Marquis rental and really, really enjoyed driving it. Not fast, but feels strong/torquey/effortless, did 1-leggers for days, would do about 50 MPH in 1st and I never found out how fast it would go in 2nd (let off at 85 MPH, haha). In-town MPG is bad but it will get low/mid 20s on the highway if you try a little (barely above idle speed).
2-hour drive back from the dealership and it averaged 21 according to the info screen, not sure I quite believe that though.

Registered
1985 VW Cabriolet
my cousin was obsessed with crownvics. He always wanted one thinking it would give him respect on the road. He went to test drive a retired cop car once and was cut off repeatedly on the test drive. On the way home we stopped at a dealer who had a Mercury grand marquis and he didnt want it because it was an old man car... The thing was loaded to the tilt though. Plush comfy interior rather than a wierd plastic rear bench...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There鈥檚 a Marauder sitting a few blocks up from my house with fully deflated tires.

don鈥檛 make me have these thoughts! Congrats tho dude. Enjoy the ride 馃槑
Go buy it, the Marauders are only going up in value.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my cousin was obsessed with crownvics. He always wanted one thinking it would give him respect on the road. He went to test drive a retired cop car once and was cut off repeatedly on the test drive. On the way home we stopped at a dealer who had a Mercury grand marquis and he didnt want it because it was an old man car... The thing was loaded to the tilt though. Plush comfy interior rather than a wierd plastic rear bench...
A lot of the "newer" Vics got cloth seats and were detective cars and admin cars and the like so they never saw heavy use and as such usually have a pretty nice interior albeit a little dated. They're almost all overpriced through the roof right now though. That's when I started looking at TCs and found this beauty.

Registered
I can't find the video, but C/D did a Rental Car Olympics about 10 years ago and found out that the Town Car will do 63 MPH in reverse, and will do 0-60 in reverse in 9.2 seconds.

C/D said:
Inspired by a scene in the book Stand On It: Stroker Ace, where two drivers race to the airport and back in reverse, we decided to see who could lap NCCAR the fastest in "R." Yanca is first up. The convertible has the natural benefit of unencumbered rearward vision, but the 30-degree wind whipping the driver in the face mitigates any advantage. Still, Yanca sets a commendable time of 3 minutes 5 seconds over the 2.0-mile road course at NCCAR. Sherman follows up with a full-throttle brake-torque launch and quickly slams into the governed top reverse speed of 31 mph, which stretches his lap time to a long 4 minutes 12 seconds. Next up is Gluckman, who tames the softly sprung, wobbly Lincoln to an astounding lap of 2 minutes 50 seconds, aided by the Town Car's 63-mph reverse top speed. (Fun fact: With a reverse 0-to-60-mph time of 9.2 seconds, the Lincoln is only 1.1 seconds slower going backward than forward. Try finding that out in anything but a rental car.) Yet again, the Compass brings up the rear, mustering a 30-mph reverse top speed and interminable lap of 4 minutes 23 seconds.

Premium Member
Awesome. I have had 3x Panthers (two P71 interceptors, one Marauder) and they are lovely vehicles. Consider looking for a CVPI's LSD to swap into the rear. I always thought about getting another and slowly acquiring some Town Car bits to class up the interior.

Registered
I absolutely love these barges for some unknown reason
The urge is usually strongest after watching a mob show for me :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts