VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which freeway should i take? I-10 or I-40? can anybody give me a truck-traffic/construction report?
i'm looking to make record time, people. i need to make it to at least phoenix the first day (according to my calculations, it's about 1000 miles and 12 hours....kid stuff
)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Re: so i'm going to be driving from Dallas to LA again next week... (pman81)

Construction report....Everything, Everywhere is F'd up
At least out here in the east valley. I don't know where I-10 starts. It kinda ends up in Tucson (eastbound
). I would say take I-40 across, that what I did when I drove to Ohio from Phoenix and we went through Amarillo. Don't know how far that is away from Dallas.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: so i'm going to be driving from Dallas to LA again next week... (dubdrvrkev)

quote:[HR][/HR]Construction report....Everything, Everywhere is F'd up
At least out here in the east valley. I don't know where I-10 starts. It kinda ends up in Tucson (eastbound
). I would say take I-40 across, that what I did when I drove to Ohio from Phoenix and we went through Amarillo. Don't know how far that is away from Dallas.[HR][/HR]​
what's F-ed up? I-10 or I-40? i've made the drive several times already, just trying to find the quickest route with the least amount of trucks and construction. i took the 10 when i was coming home in may, it wasn't too bad then but things might have changed

·
Registered
2,050 Posts

Can't vouch for I-10 outside the valley but where it meets US 60 is under construction. I-40 can't really say its condition.
I am saying all the freeways in town are F'd up, but that is just a short part of your journey.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Re: so i'm going to be driving from Dallas to LA again next week... (dubdrvrkev)

I10 Goes from coast to coast. Florida to California. In Tucson there is mild construction. As long as you're not hitting Tucson right at rush hour you won't see many slow downs or hold ups. Accidents between here and Phoenix have been known to slow things down quite a bit.
Krass

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: so i'm going to be driving from Dallas to LA again next week... (Krass95GLS)

thanks guys. i think i'm going to stick with my plan then and take the 10. if my memory serves me correctly, the times i've taken I-40 have really sucked, mostly because there's a lot of twisting and turning and doubling back it seems. and trucks. god i hate trucks . they should have their own highway system

·
Registered
980 Posts

I made the drive from Phoenix to Dallas, and from Dallas back to Phoenix on June 20. As of then, there was no construction or problems from the I-20 to the I-10 all the way here. I did the drive in 11 hours 30 minutes.
Of course I was also driving 110 mph the entire way. ...gotta break in the Jetta somehow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts