VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinkin why not just buy some cb manifolds. gut my carbs to use as throttle bodies. and wire up a digifant system from a h20 car. i have several setups laying around. the only issus i can think of are going to be and 02 sensor and coolant temp sensor.
any ideas please chime in. im tired of carbs but cant afford fi.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Re: so im tired of my dual carbs, and i was thinkin.......... (16v po boy)

seems like alot of to to me , why are you sick of carbs? what kind are you running? and what engine? some carbs dont work well on some engines ,

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: so im tired of my dual carbs, and i was thinkin.......... (61sktnbug)

im running dual 40 webbers on a 2007. i know my chit and simply have a bad set of carbs. i have rebuilt them and been through them more times than i want to admit. so before i rake out the dough for a new set of carbs id really like to look into a cheap fi setup.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

megasquirt is a better option.
digi , besides being bad to begin with, was designed for a different engine, and is not easily reprogrammed for your ACVW, megasquirt however is much more tuneable.

·
Registered
224 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 16v po boy »
.....id really like to look into a cheap fi setup.

I think "cheap" and "FI" are mutually exclusive

Isn't that why so many of the original FI acvws were changed later to carbs? No one could or would spend the greenbacks on FI parts.
For what it's worth, there are some very nice FI options from CB Performance. I have been looking into one of their setups for a 2 liter we're putting into a Ghia for the wife. It does add like a G-note or better to your engine build but hey... a new set of webers is going to be at least half that anyway so.....
Maybe you can ask (parent, significant other, anyone sympathetic to the cause) for an early birthday present

1 - 5 of 5 Posts