VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok hey all you VW people in the philly so jersey area. so I am trying to gage an idea on how many people would be interested in helping put together a VW video Magazine? I will begin filming this week and I am looking for cars to feature in up coming issues.
I know of a few nice VWs in the area that I hope to be contacting the owners soon about. Also I would like to have a monthly get together at the Barnes and Nobles in Cherry Hill off of RT 70 and rt 73 intersect. next to Olgas dinner!
I need a suggestion on what would be a good day to have this on? should it be in the day on a weekend or at night anytime??
I know the holiday season is apon us so I am not looking to make big waves with this until after the new year anyway,I am trying to see how many of you out there are 'core' about the scene!
Besides the Pumpkin wont be ready until the middle of Dec. So it will be nice to bring it out for the first gathering in January.
So I ask you folks out there to help me out and tell me if you want a scene in So jersey to blow up or what???

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Re: so jersey GTG (far4nugen)

Sounds like a decent idea.....have you joined the Philly VW club yet? We GTG every once in a while...here is our web site: http://www.phillyvw.com Post this topic there, you should get a decent responce there too.....

·
Registered
37,533 Posts

I would show up, but I don't hang with dudes with running Mk2's
Make the main shoot for after the new year, there might be a white A2 running again, well you never know. Weekends are obviously best, as I can drag my butt up out of the woods. Lates.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts

ill show up but my golf wont be runnin for awhile, so itll have to be in my truck
whats the pumpkin havin done to it?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Re: so jersey GTG (yellowbird)

hey ill go

i need to get some new pics of my car. It will loook 3Xs better in a few weeks, so lets do it then

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: so jersey GTG (Graz-Wolf 01')

word it s good to hear from some of you!! Hey Paul I will be ready for you when its all said and done!
I cant tell whats being done cause it will ruin the whole thing..... you know the scary pumpkin thing........

So I am going to do some filming this weekend at Atco just want to see some VWs runnin down the track!
The video is going to take awhile to put toghether so I dont know if it will be done until early spring. Maybe sooner if I can get some help on the editing thing.

I might try to put a GTG in early Dec. how bout the 2nd?? I have free passes to Synergy for the 13th!!
hit me back folks!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Re: so jersey GTG (Graz-Wolf 01')

id be 100% down http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
i vote for nighttime gtg's.. but since winter is here maybe daytime would be better*warmer*

my car looks funny now tho... no skirts at all, no wings west kit, 14" rims, stock grille, no lip whatsoever.
however i did order the euro lip this afternoon
and have a date for a different look in a few weeks but ill still swing by if you do this

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

Just wanted to let all u south jersey/PA guys know that central NJ is having our monthly GTG...
Its this Thursday 11/29 at 7pm at Redheads/Players Billiards parking lot in Tinton Falls, NJ.
Directions:
GSP Exit 105, Onto Rt 36E, the very first light take jughandle onto Hope Rd. Its the first plaza on the right side.
Don, hope to see u there & I hope that the cold weather will not keep people from coming.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: so jersey GTG (mk2jettagli16v)

AAWWWWW yea you know how we do!!!
\
if anyone is interested in ridin up to eatontown with Lousie and me let me know I can meet ya'll at the first rest stop past exit 7 on the NJ turnpike around 7pm Thrusday night.
If not anyone who is coming down on the 2nd of Dec. we will be meeting up around 1pm in the afternoon at Barnes and Nobles next to Olgas Diner (where rt 70 and rt 73 intersect) I chose that time to compete with Sunday football to see how die hard you guys really are!!

if any of you guys know this girl named Jenna she has a green jetta III with 17" (Japanese look wheels) let her know about this.
cheers mates

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Re: so jersey GTG (yellowbird)

yeah it was sold.. but things didnt work out. plus the car i really wanted was sold the day i sold mine
so i decided to keep it and dump $ into it
i may get a new job where as id be able to dump MAD cash into it.. time will tell..

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: so jersey GTG (dave keset)

I'm game but my car's not! Unless someone knows how to fix CIS-E!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

hey dave since you drive by my job every day you should stop in some time.
Is anyone going to Atco tomorrow?? I get out of work at 6pm so I wont be there until 7 or so...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts

don,
what time are you there till? somedays on my way home it looks like its closing time
dont worry ive been meaning to stop there one day and talk about gettin a detailing in the spring
ill stop on monday after work

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I am there from 8am till 6pm M-F and 8-4 on sat.
if you want to get a detail you might want to reconsider this place.
The boss doesnt really spend his money on the detail department so we really dont have good chemicals. if you are looking for just a cleaning and coat of wax... well hey I can hook you up on the side. I used to detail at Berlin Chysler and I have got tons of stuff from Ardex still., wasting away while I wait for my car to be fixed

Mondays cool with me, if Im not out front just drive around to the back I really dont want you talking to the boss...he is kind of a d***!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts

got it
my boss is on vacation now so ill prolly be heading home around 3ish this week

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

oh yea without a doubt!! I have pills and feelin fine!!
see you guys out there at 1pm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts