VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
23,329 Posts
If only it was superceded by a new Infiniti.... not.... soon also dead.

My favorite;

Yep, the 1995 had the lame/oxymoronically-named "multi-link beam" after all of the originals had IRS - I can never forgive them for it.
Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I didn't care for the styling of this generation, but it did have IRS and an available manual transmission/regular automatic for the first few years of its existence before being refreshed with CVT-only.

Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I feel like I have to post this again.

Forehead Face Head Outerwear Photograph

The Maxima in its original intent (4DSC) died to me a long time ago and has since just been a crap box driven terribly by people with terrible credit, but not so terrible that they had to get an Altima.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Blue, 2018 VW GTI
22,797 Posts
Won’t be missed. What a crap box of a car. Every one I see gets treated as such too. Even ones with temps on them are trashed at least on the fascia’s and sometimes worse.
Ah, It just wouldn't be TCL without raging hyperbole.

Anyway, my 2001 SE was one of the best cars I ever had. Awesome engine, fun to drive and great on the highway. Tried to track down another 5th-gen later without much luck.

I didn't read the Jalopnok piece but the assumption is the Maxima will be returning as the production IMs concept.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
13,040 Posts
Good riddance. Your image, ethos, and legacy were tainted many moons ago.
As a former MAxima owner........... this hurt bro chill out :(

To be fair even at the Maxima's peak it was kind of what it is today............ a flashy discount "sport" sedan. It's just that the bar has been raised so high in the last few decades that what was once legendary is now mediocre.

Hopefully they can bring honor back to the nameplate with an EV.

Ah, It just wouldn't be TCL without raging hyperbole.
Being a car enthusiast = regurgitating the boring hot take du jour with as much Great Value Jeremy Clarkson hyperbole as you can muster

You can play bingo with the **** people are gonna say in any Nissan adjacent discussion.

Reactions: 93JC

·
Registered
2,456 Posts

1 - 20 of 67 Posts