VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shocked they were attempting to get that much. Remember it's a base model V8 that I got for only 4k more than that. I noticed they strategically placed in the most visible part of their lot in a corner that is pretty cool actually. The other day when I drove my A3 to the dealer to swap out the satellite tuner box (XM for Sirius) I took a peek at the window sticker and thought to myself "dayam!!"
Good luck trying to get that much. I noticed they put on some new fat Goodyear tires but I can't recall the model..maybe Wrangler?
Anyway, just thought I'd share an amusing moment.

Modified by TCinOC at 9:16 AM 6-23-2005

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Re: So my Audi dealer is trying to sell my old Treg for $36,700 (TCinOC)

Good to hear from your TC. Followed some of your post on Audiworld. Nice A3! Hoping to get one soon, but might wait for the Quattro.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: So my Audi dealer is trying to sell my old Treg for $36,700 (spikeital)

Thanks spiketal, good to hear from you too.
As for the A3, if you haven't at least taken the Front Trak 2.0T out for a test drive..do it! I guarantee you it will surprise you. I also had reservations about not having the quattro but am very pleased with the current model. Remember that once the V6 quattro is released, it ain't going to be cheap. You have to try the DSG sport package spec'd model if you can..simply awesome. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

TC - IN OC, there is a sucker born every half minute. I lived there in Newport Beach and was shocked at what some people paid for their cars. Some mornings, all I saw around me were high-end Mercs and Bimmers.
So, some sucker driving by with a wad of cash, might just spring for it...IN CASH!!!

Cy

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

Quote, originally posted by TCinOC »
Thanks spiketal, good to hear from you too.
As for the A3, if you haven't at least taken the Front Trak 2.0T out for a test drive..do it! I guarantee you it will surprise you. I also had reservations about not having the quattro but am very pleased with the current model. Remember that once the V6 quattro is released, it ain't going to be cheap. You have to try the DSG sport package spec'd model if you can..simply awesome. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

TC, living on the east coast Quattro is almost a must. Just with they offered it on the 2.0t.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

Well Tim, it's even worse when you consider that you can buy a new V8 like yours right now for about $38k, or $41k and lease for almost zero interest. I really can't understand why anyone would want a used Touareg right now. The non-VW dealer to whom I traded my V8 has put it on ebay with a beginning bid of $35k. Of course, mine only had 9,000 miles on it, and it's in a different market.
I'm sure the Aidi dealer doesn't expect to get anything near to his asking price, but is using the asking price to try to convince a potential buyer that he's getting a great deal. I wonder what they hope to get for it.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: So my Audi dealer is trying to sell my old Treg for $36,700 (spikeital)

Quote, originally posted by spikeital »

TC, living on the east coast Quattro is almost a must. Just with they offered it on the 2.0t.

That's true, I thought about that after writing my comment. There are many who share a similar opinion too. I guess I'm fortunate not having to deal with wintery road conditions but I have to deal with maniac drivers here in Socal..

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: So my Audi dealer is trying to sell my old Treg for $36,700 (PabloP)

Quote, originally posted by PabloP »
Well Tim, it's even worse when you consider that you can buy a new V8 like yours right now for about $38k, or $41k and lease for almost zero interest. I really can't understand why anyone would want a used Touareg right now. The non-VW dealer to whom I traded my V8 has put it on ebay with a beginning bid of $35k. Of course, mine only had 9,000 miles on it, and it's in a different market.
I'm sure the Aidi dealer doesn't expect to get anything near to his asking price, but is using the asking price to try to convince a potential buyer that he's getting a great deal. I wonder what they hope to get for it.

Paul, I'm sure you're right. There's no way they expect to get anything near that number. I figure they'll be satisfied with anything over $30k. Remember my mileage was around 27-28k miles so it'll be due for the 30k service soon. That's one thing I considered when I let it go for such a low price. Can't say that I'm not happy in the new ride however. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Oh btw, how's the Jag??

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

I'll bet they're expecting $32-33k. How's the Jag? It's a 4 door sports car that gets 25mpg at 90 mph on the open road, will go over 150 before you know it, and is the nicest car I've ever owned going slow. I drive real slow around town. Since it's used and I paid a lot less than a new one would cost, I don't worry about it, but I get a lot of compliments. My wife loves riding in it. It seems to improve everyone's mood while driving around. Wonderful balance to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.