VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
That's awesome :thumbup: She's a keeper.
I wish my wife got me something like that when I was younger. But I already had my B13 Sentra SE-R that I used to drive to see her.
Good luck with it! They are so much fun to drive.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Now, fast forward to 2015. I now own a house with a ten car shop and share it with a lovely woman who is even more into cars than I am.
I don't doubt that your woman is both wonderful and lovely, but I want to see pics of your 10 car shop!! :eek: (Jealous!)

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
i need one

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
Neat. I'd guess 13" wheels that will fit that will be tough to find anymore. I know 13" tires with any pretense of performance, except for outright race tires, are as rare as hens teeth. How about some Ebay Special™ 14" Work Equip?

·
Registered
15,160 Posts
Great story. Although, I vote for leaving the car stock.

·
Registered
83,204 Posts
Thanks for sharing this story.
You have a good girlfriend.
She have a sister?

On the xar.
I vote for a non turbo larger Mazda B swap.
Turbo is just too much for that car imo unless you plan to drag it at the track imho.
For street driving, keep it simple.
Isn't the 1.6 B the same block?
That might be a quick and undetectable option.
Mx-3 dohc 1.6?
The lack of low rpm power probably not an issue in such a light car.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I don't doubt that your woman is both wonderful and lovely, but I want to see pics of your 10 car shop!! :eek: (Jealous!)

As for the gf pictures, sorry boys, I know how quickly things get out of hand here, besides, she'd murder me and bury me in the woods for posting pictures of her.

As for the suspension, you can swap in the spindles front and rear from a Ford aspire, direct bolt in, bigger brakes, better 4x100 bolt pattern. I may do this just for wheel options.

I'm also leaning more towards swapping the N/A 1.8 in it, that was always what I wanted to do with my old one.

As much as I love the rally-stiva, the turquoise one is more what in going to be after as an end product. I really like the watanabes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'09 GTI, 02 Golf, '66 Vespa
8,158 Posts
I like your weird, strangely likable, early 90s crapbox more than Emmett's weird, strangely likable, early 90s crapbox.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have a MK4 TDI that I daily, the Ford will be another project/fun car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,908 Posts
Festivas are dope.. My old neighbor in Cyprus used to have a Kia Pride constantly covered in bird sh*t.

My buddies.. Pineapplegti
Was just about to post is.

·
Registered
752 Posts
What a bizarrely awesome thread!

Funny, I never thought I'd read the sentence containing "upgrade to Kia Sephia brakes" in the TCL, ever. :laugh:
Litteray thought the same thing.

Cool car! :thumbup:

Marry her. She's the one. :beer:

21 - 40 of 385 Posts