VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here we go again.. after saying that i think my project is complete, i've added a bit more goodies, this time taken with a decent camera.
Thanks for looking!

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

So basically after owning the car for a couple of months I've finally completed the look that I have been hoping for.
I know mods never end :p, but at this stage I think I'll be driving it like this :beer:

I know I still need to go out and take better photos :peace: For the mod list pls refer to my signature!

Actually.. updating this with the calipers painted :)

For the entire build thread:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7132975-new-3-6-4mo-owner-with-lots-of-parts-coming!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Yusuke .. looking good my man, very clean and sharp! .. take a little break enjoy the ride, eh .. good luck!
Cheers :) Will definately enjoy the ride! :beer:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just updated the thread with the G2 caliper paint.. that blue was spot on with the VW racing blue :)
For those thinking about paint on their calipers.. I highly recommend this product :thumbup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
So basically after owning the car for a couple of months I've finally completed the look that I have been hoping for.
I know mods never end :p, but at this stage I think I'll be driving it like this :beer:

I know I still need to go out and take better photos :peace: For the mod list pls refer to my signature!

Actually.. updating this with the calipers painted :)

For the entire build thread:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7132975-new-3-6-4mo-owner-with-lots-of-parts-coming!
Where did you get that black lip that goes under the R-Line lip?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yeah we're gonna need some info on that! EDIT: Just looked at the build thread and it appears to be some garage door seal or universal lip that is sold on eBay. From a few angles it looks like it might have been a solid piece, but its the foam lip product (E Z Lip).

The car looks great! Congrats on finishing (not that it is ever over!).

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah we're gonna need some info on that! EDIT: Just looked at the build thread and it appears to be some garage door seal or universal lip that is sold on eBay. From a few angles it looks like it might have been a solid piece, but its the foam lip product (E Z Lip).

The car looks great! Congrats on finishing (not that it is ever over!).
hey thanks guys.

yea, it's literary EZLip (some super cheap stuff). pretty subjective i guess, it looks pretty decent (some people may say rice) but i use it literary for a bit of protection so yea. i do recommend the other rubber lip (can't remember the name though.. it seems to be more solid/hard compared to ezlip)

cheers

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
288 Posts
Where is the roof antenna?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
288 Posts
My car never came with the roof antenna :) I'm guessing euro-spec doesn't have it?
Ohhh yeah that's possible. I think it looks a lot better without it. Too bad I like my satellite radio and GPS too much to ditch it! The Euro specs come with GPS though right? If so they must have a way to get a signal still. Might need to look into that more then wrap the roof and delete the antenna.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ohhh yeah that's possible. I think it looks a lot better without it. Too bad I like my satellite radio and GPS too much to ditch it! The Euro specs come with GPS though right? If so they must have a way to get a signal still. Might need to look into that more then wrap the roof and delete the antenna.
Yeah just keep the antenna and definately wrap the roof! :p

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Updated thread with new pictures taken from a better camera :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Looks super clean! Love those wheels!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.