VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
2017 Golf Wagon 4motion Highline
18,972 Posts
Re: So the B-class made it to canada and not the u.s? (vrsexxy_GTI)

Yes, Canada is getting this and the US is not.
I haven't seen any official prices yet but they're expecting a base price of $30,000.00 for the B200 and $35,000.00 for the B200 Turbo. The B200 Turbo could exceed $40,000.00 with options. So at that price, it should compete well with the Audi A3.

Modified by MEIN_VW at 1:14 PM 9-8-2005

· Registered
7,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good stuff but the audi a3 does'nt seem to be doing so well ive only seen 3...i guess premium hatchbacks are'nt what ppl want....give us a 3 door a3 and it should compete well with the hot selling c230 hatch

· Registered
19,215 Posts
Re: (vrsexxy_GTI)

Quote, originally posted by vrsexxy_GTI »
good stuff but the audi a3 does'nt seem to be doing so well ive only seen 3...i guess premium hatchbacks are'nt what ppl want....give us a 3 door a3 and it should compete well with the hot selling c230 hatch

we've got two of them, ones called a golf gti, the other a TT. that's why there is no 3 door a3. do i agree, no, but that's why.

· Registered
2017 Golf Wagon 4motion Highline
18,972 Posts

I think that Canadians are more accepting of hatchbacks in general, but I think they're still less accepting when the price exceeds $35,000 CAD ($30,000 US).

· Registered
3,167 Posts
Re: So the B-class made it to canada and not the u.s? (MEIN_VW)

Quote, originally posted by MEIN_VW »

I haven't seen any official prices yet but they're expecting a base price of $30,000.00 for the B200 and $35,000.00 for the B200 Turbo. The B200 Turbo could exceed $40,000.00 with options. So at that price, it should compete well with the Audi A3.

Modified by MEIN_VW at 1:14 PM 9-8-2005

WTF???? I want that!

· Registered
12,718 Posts
Re: So the B-class made it to canada and not the u.s? (JonBabyUK)

Ha-ha!

I don't think you guys are missing out on much with this anyhow http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
3,167 Posts
Re: (MEIN_VW)

Modified by MEIN_VW at 2:41 PM 9-8-2005

That's one of the hottest MB's I've seen. I love it. Definitely better than the Merceds Pacifica...er, R-Class.
Although, with that being said, is this a Caliber?

· Registered
5,174 Posts

Quote, originally posted by vrsexxy_GTI »

the problem with the A3 currently is that its only available in FWD. when people hear audi, they think AWD quattro....what does this car not have? just that. and when it does come with that in december, it'll only be available in a V6 and automatic, well DSG! USELESS AUDI for many people! i think they really blew it big time on this one.

· Premium Member
31,821 Posts
Re: (MEIN_VW)

I think that Canadians are more accepting of hatchbacks in general, but I think they're still less accepting when the price exceeds $35,000 CAD ($30,000 US).

c'mon, you've seen what people will buy just for a badge (c230, for example). the streets are littered with them.

· Registered
3,093 Posts
Re: So the B-class made it to canada and not the u.s? (MEIN_VW)

that is pretty [email protected] sweet! i'd go for that .... almost makes me want to move back to Canada to buy one
... hmmm... i wonder if it's "importable" to the U.S. ??
Canada is beginning to get more and more market specific vehicles that the U.S. isn't getting... B-class, 1-series, Yaris, Smart car, Nissan X-trail, and a few more (a couple of Chevys which I forget the name) (all in all, usually small cars that U.S. marketers think the public don't want, which in some cases might be true i guess, since they are smaller than H2's and get well beyond 20mpg
)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.