VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having new wheels on my car and all
i just got back from Woolies and obviously didn't want to clip the curb when parking, so i adjust my right mirror down. All good no problem. HOWEVER

When i put the mirror back up again both the left and right adjusted upwards. Tryed it a few times, and was still doing the same thing.
Having the car under warranty and all, i called VW (just got off the phone to them) the convo goes like this
Me: (story told above)
Service: "Ha ha ha, yeah, they are meant to do that, there is nothing wrong"
Me: "This is my 3rd Golf, and the first one that has ever done this, are you sure?"
Service: "Positive"
Me:

I can slightly understand the logic behind the mirrors if this is the case, however if the right one goes down, but both mirrors go up, well....they'll never be in line, one will always be out...

Help...

· Banned
9,259 Posts
I bet they're having a good laugh at your expense at VW right about now, especially seeing as you said it was your third Golf!
When you adjust the right hand mirror, the left hand one will move in unison.

Modified by Langers at 2:16 PM 9-12-2005

· Banned
1,115 Posts
Re: (Langers)

Quote, originally posted by Langers »
I bet they're having a good laugh at your expense at VW right about now, especially seeing as you said it was your third Golf!
When you adjust the right hand mirror, the left hand one will move in unison.

Modified by Langers at 2:16 PM 9-12-2005

Ide be laughing at VW for such a STUPID faaarkin idea.
When is any mirror (left/right) in the same position?
Do we all swap from driver seat to passenger each time using the mirror so we can get the correct view?
I dont have this problem on the MKI.....

· Registered
697 Posts
Re: (ozzybungle)

Quote, originally posted by ozzybungle »
I dont have this problem on the MKI.....

The only issue i have with my MK1 mirrors is that when i do over 100kph my mirrors vibrate so much that they move down and all i can see is the ground
old cars are great!

· Registered
2,205 Posts
Is it normal for a Golfs power windows (Mk4 R32) to stop going up on auto at high speeds. I drive down South alot and find that above about 140 the windows wont auto-up only when I hold the button do they go up.? Id guess its something to do with excessive wear on the windows motor??

· Registered
2,717 Posts
Re: (malliemcg)

Quote, originally posted by malliemcg »
I remember being educated about this little feature when I picked up the 2.slow. Perhaps your $tealer does not love you like mine does me

M

How are you going with those new parts mr popular?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.