VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pull the wires, pulled off the engine cover, took out the first plug and what does it say on the side?
NGK BKR5EKUP, in other worse P for Platinum meaning they'll last 100k miles.
I thought the stock plugs were Cu? I bought my 2000 GTI VR6 used so maybe someone changed them, anyway i changed them with the NGK BKR5EKU plugs (Copper) anyway since i went through all the trouble... Plus people say Cu sparks hotter which is better for performance.
Anyway, so as not to make the whole thing useless i cleaned my engine pretty well

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Re: so umm, i changed my spark plugs... (phinn)

quote:[HR][/HR]I pull the wires, pulled off the engine cover, took out the first plug and what does it say on the side?
NGK BKR5EKUP, in other worse P for Platinum meaning they'll last 100k miles.
I thought the stock plugs were Cu? I bought my 2000 GTI VR6 used so maybe someone changed them, anyway i changed them with the NGK BKR5EKU plugs (Copper) anyway since i went through all the trouble... Plus people say Cu sparks hotter which is better for performance.
Anyway, so as not to make the whole thing useless i cleaned my engine pretty well
[HR][/HR]​
My 1.8T came with platinum plugs in it too.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: so umm, i changed my spark plugs... (Fantomasz)

Pt plugs are stock? then did i do the wrong thing putting Cu plugs in? (NGK BKR5EKU)
Seems to run pretty strong, i figured since everyone says change every 40k they gotta be Cu since Pt usually last 100k i thought...
Anyway, the copper plugs i run in seem to run very good
edit: so if Pt only last 40k then what about Cu? I figured since they were less than half the price they would be good anyway

[Modified by phinn, 8:12 PM 2-6-2003]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.