VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. Hope everyone is well. Been back from Africa for a few years now but have never gotten around to dropping back in. I sold the 1994 80 series LC in Dar es Salaam. The twin turbo Legacy is gone as is the Pajero IO. In Seattle now and driving (no surprise here) a 1999 100 Series LC.

So what did I miss? More indecision from Hawc assuredly.

In other news, I tried to get into my old account CBJ but repeated emails to admins yielded nothing. Any chance a mod can cobble together a switch back to my old username and get my join dates and post counts back to their correct levels.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Banned
13,776 Posts
Has it really been 10 years? Man where did the time go?
Glad you are back. It sounds like you might have some great stories from your time away.

·
Registered
21,500 Posts
Welcome back! I don't remember any posts about the Pajero IO.

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome back! I don't remember any posts about the Pajero IO.
We got a 2001 4 door when we got to Dar es Salaam. Great little truck. Longitudinal inline four with RWD selectable 4WD with 2speed transfer case and limited slip rear diff. It was upright and small. About 6 inches shorter than a current Jeep Renegade yet at least one 6'6" individual found the front liveable. The only problems I ever had with it were bushings (a common Pajero problem regardless of version) and motor mounts. At one point the truck would vibrate so much it would stall. Turns out the two motor mounts were broken straight through. The engine was basically held in my a transmission mount and gravity. Mounts were $20 for two (I got them from amazon of all places) and they went in with about 20 minutes of work. Great little truck. I'd own one again.

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey sir. How's things over in your hood? We should do a social distancing HH with Wes and Brian soon.
It's Laurelhurst, so everyone was already socially distant. HH should be doable, I can set up the firepit so that folks are the requisite distance but drinks are still handy. Wes was over a couple of weeks ago, we social distanced a new radiator into the truck. The old one had 250K on it so I figured it was time (it wasn't leaking, yet). Haven't seen Brian and Steven for some time. It must be like "Night of the Comet" down in Bell Town. I imagine things are pretty similar up your way.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
OP, in the last 10 years?

• Miata is still the answer
  • Camry: beige dents
  • Tesla & EVs proliferate and many posters are now converts
  • Most posters still drive automatics
  • The manual transmission still lives on
  • Manual Vs automatic is still a passionate debate
  • Poop bag harem vanlife to free yourself

·
Registered
8,429 Posts

·
Registered
25,845 Posts
It's Laurelhurst, so everyone was already socially distant. HH should be doable, I can set up the firepit so that folks are the requisite distance but drinks are still handy. Wes was over a couple of weeks ago, we social distanced a new radiator into the truck. The old one had 250K on it so I figured it was time (it wasn't leaking, yet). Haven't seen Brian and Steven for some time. It must be like "Night of the Comet" down in Bell Town. I imagine things are pretty similar up your way.
LOL...I keep waiting for your neighbor Mr. McKagan to power up the stacks and give your 'hood a benefit concert. :D I'm actually annoyed by how many people are out and about in our neighborhood on nice days; makes walking an exercise in avoiding potential transmission vectors.

I need to check in with Wes and further goad him into buying the thing that he hasn't yet bought (that I also want, and hence need to once again live vicariously through him a la the Cappuccino).

·
Registered
44,069 Posts

I would elaborate on the electric car being a hot point of debate at least equal to manual vs. automatic.

Let's not forget about the phenomenon called VigorousZX ! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...de-Out-for-My-Mini-Van-Camper-(how-to-frame-)
You were beaten, but he was only casually mentioned as the last bullet point by chopWet.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

Hawc has a garage door. Just no garage.

·
Old man yelling at cloud
42,297 Posts
Hawc has a garage door. Just no garage.
I think the bigger shock is that Hawc found somebody who will have coitus with him. At least twice, at that. One can only assume that the Porsche bears have since been relegated to the top shelf of some closet.

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,100 Posts
Mostly same group of posters except we're all 10 years older which means more grown up cars in the TCL fleet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts