VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I have been saving for a URS4 and have devided that that is not the way I want to go, I want AWD, and some power (don't want a 10 sec car or anything crazy, just enouh to beat tricked civics). I am thinking about mabey puttin the money into my 86 Jetta, I love that car. So what would it cost to have a 1.8t with syncro put into my Jetta? how about a G60 or 16V? with syncro. any suggestions as to where to have this done anywhere in the US?
Mike

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Re: so, what does an installed syncro kit cost? w/ 1.8t? (vedubya)

I didn't know Syncro kits were available

or are you talking about converting your car to a Syncro using a Syncro floor plan (or whatever they call it) from a donor?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: so, what does an installed syncro kit cost? w/ 1.8t? (DrMSH)

quote:[HR][/HR]I didn't know Syncro kits were available

or are you talking about converting your car to a Syncro using a Syncro floor plan (or whatever they call it) from a donor?[HR][/HR]​
yep, sorry about the typo. I do mean ripping out the floorboards and replacing them along with the engine...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

prolly more expensive than just getting a synchro over the pond. you'd need a donor anyways, and there aren't any here.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: so, what does an installed syncro kit cost? w/ 1.8t? (eurozex)

quote:[HR][/HR]This is one of those questions where, if you have to ask, you cant afford it.....[HR][/HR]​
yes, I got this idea in my head somewhere along the way at about midnight on friday and thought I would get some idea before calling momentum on monday.
Mike

·
Registered
2,178 Posts

I ocassionally see syncro trany ans powertrain parts on the european Ebay.
I once saw the whole think aft of the engine. it sold for $700.
You will need the entire rear suspension setup. Check with an Ebayer that sells german parts and get to talking with them. Mayby they will send you the parts you need??

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: so, what does an installed syncro kit cost? w/ 1.8t? (fiorya)

I must have called momentum about 30 times today, then I found out that it is a Canadian http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif holiday http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif . they have done a few on their website, I think they can use some parts off of a Passat syncro, well I will know in the morning and let everyone know what happens.
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts