VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread about a potential N75 replacement not long ago. The guy said after he tested it at the track he would post more info. I think ECS was helping him.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: So whats up with the aftermarket N75 that was being tested? (SlvrBllt)

Track day is on the 13th.
The prototype, if you will, will be swapped in/out to see what it does for times.
Which in a way, says if it's making power or not.
They'll be 3 such cars doing this.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: So whats up with the aftermarket N75 that was being tested? (Jman5000)

quote:[HR][/HR]Track day is on the 13th.
The prototype, if you will, will be swapped in/out to see what it does for times.
Which in a way, says if it's making power or not.
They'll be 3 such cars doing this. [HR][/HR]​
Wouldnt a dyno be a much more um... scientific approach? Too many extraneous variables on the track.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
Wouldnt a dyno be a much more um... scientific approach? Too many extraneous variables on the track.[HR][/HR]​
Yes, but the track day is next week and there's a LOT of money and time that's gotten us this far.
Since the track is "ours" for the day, we should be able to also get out there and pull some block 120's too.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts

As of now, there is one block 120 showing a nice gain hp/tq...no really. But we need to test it more, and on more cars.
And since there will be a bunch there, we may even baseline it on a stock car, if we get someone who wants to.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: So whats up with the aftermarket N75 that was being tested? (1.8Dub)

I can't say what it'll do for surging. I have yet to be in a chipped car that surges, and mine doesn't surge.
But I think we'll have some cars there that may be having that problem. Which would be an ideal test.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: So whats up with the aftermarket N75 that was being tested? (Jman5000)

The performance gain is great, but if this thing will also solve the N75 related surging you will be selling out of these things VERY quickly. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: So whats up with the aftermarket N75 that was being tested? (einsig)

It'd be cool if it helps surging. But there are no long-term tests...short terms tests are http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif , so we're optimistic.
Wouldn't it be nice not to have a surge post every 11.5 minutes?

·
Registered
6,968 Posts

Jman... I didn't realize "test vehicle #3" was going to be there next weekend too... cool.... (those following this thread, I'm #2, or I guess I'll assign myself that number, and let Jman be the #1 man hehehehe)...
Anyhow... with regards to surging problems... I believe those are related to poor wastegate control algorithms in the chipping software.... when I upgraded from v1.0 to v1.1 of the APR software, my car's surging (or as i like to call it, pulsating) went away. That solved the problem for me.
Because it was gone already before going to the new N75, I cannot say for certain what the effects will be. Honestly I suggest a good chipping company with quality software -- if your car doesnt run to your satisfaction, I usually resolve that before making any new additional mods. But, if this N75 "solves" it great... we'll have to find out by having someone test one after we conclude track testing.
BTW, I'm the one who did some Block#120 dynos but the roads around here didnt really give me a chance to do them to my satisfaction. I'll play 'vag-com boy' next weekend and get some better testing.. but we ARE talking about potential double-digit HP/TQ gains we expect... cheers!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: So whats up with the aftermarket N75 that was being tested? (Shaka)

there could be a mobile dynojet at the track
so maybe it can be tested with a dyno as well

[Modified by compudaze, 10:18 AM 4-23-2002]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.