VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: So whats up with the aftermarket N75 that was being tested? (SlvrBllt)

Track day is on the 13th.
The prototype, if you will, will be swapped in/out to see what it does for times.
Which in a way, says if it's making power or not.
They'll be 3 such cars doing this.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
Wouldnt a dyno be a much more um... scientific approach? Too many extraneous variables on the track.[HR][/HR]​
Yes, but the track day is next week and there's a LOT of money and time that's gotten us this far.
Since the track is "ours" for the day, we should be able to also get out there and pull some block 120's too.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts

As of now, there is one block 120 showing a nice gain hp/tq...no really. But we need to test it more, and on more cars.
And since there will be a bunch there, we may even baseline it on a stock car, if we get someone who wants to.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: So whats up with the aftermarket N75 that was being tested? (1.8Dub)

I can't say what it'll do for surging. I have yet to be in a chipped car that surges, and mine doesn't surge.
But I think we'll have some cars there that may be having that problem. Which would be an ideal test.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: So whats up with the aftermarket N75 that was being tested? (einsig)

It'd be cool if it helps surging. But there are no long-term tests...short terms tests are http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif , so we're optimistic.
Wouldn't it be nice not to have a surge post every 11.5 minutes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.