· Registered
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, old school means:
-No longer in production
-'old' whatever that means
-parts aren't availible for them at the stealer anymore
-people remember what they did to their car 'back in the day'
So when will MK3's become 'old school', or have they already and no one told me?
MK3's aren't in production, they are 2 generations old, some parts you can't get anymore (for example, Jetta carpets), and we've all seen dual rounds.

· Registered
10,643 Posts
well tehy were only stopped being made in 1999.......i think mk2s are old skool. you can just tell by lookin at a car if it is "old skool" or not....i feel like a loser saying old skool. what the hell is that ne way.......these are jsut cars

· Banned
984 Posts
then they will become old school in ten more years.... when parts are hard to find and you drive down the road and dont see 20 moms driving their kids to soccer practice in their k2 jetta's

mk3's are EVERYWHERE its gunna take some time yet
be patient

· Registered
2,612 Posts
Re: (beercity)

Quote, originally posted by beercity »
then they will become old school in ten more years.... when parts are hard to find and you drive down the road and dont see 20 moms driving their kids to soccer practice in their k2 jetta's

mk3's are EVERYWHERE its gunna take some time yet
be patient

Moms around here have VR6s or GTis or Wolfies. So VR swaps and Wolfie parts are uber easy to source around here.

· Banned
984 Posts
Re: (96BlKjEt)

Quote, originally posted by 96BlKjEt »

Moms around here have VR6s or GTis or Wolfies. So VR swaps and Wolfie parts are uber easy to source around here.

good call

ya man think ur gunna have to wait a while

· Registered
5,122 Posts
It's rare in Houston to find another MK3 just driving down the road. It varies between location. Of course the Northeast is going to have a ton of older VWs because the scene is so huge there.
Out of my group of friends, there are about 3 of us that own mk3s and the rest own MK4s, MK5s and Corrados.

· Registered
2,612 Posts
Re: (Pteezy)

Quote, originally posted by Pteezy »
when all the little white girls in high school arent driving them anymore

lol thats funny. Only one white girl in my high school had a mk3 Jetta and it was a 1999 Wolfie with 120000 on the clock, with keyless.

· Registered
2,454 Posts
Re: (Pteezy)

Quote, originally posted by Pteezy »
when all the little white girls in high school arent driving them anymore

they all drive mk4's round these parts.

id say, when ATLEAST half of the ones on the road are owned by an enthusiast...

i dunno... something like that?

· Registered
3,974 Posts
Re: (willthewheelman)

Quote, originally posted by willthewheelman »
mk1's are old school mk2's are gettin there, aircooled's totally are.

there ya go

(damn, im actually getting sick of the turkey)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.