VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
post a video of the car idling/driving.

oh yeah post details.
I got 440cc @ 3.0 (42# ford lightning lime greens) on stock PG block stage 4 action.
doubt i'll ever get near running out of fuel unless someone rebuilds my charger to 25psi

Modified by mrkrad at 2:01 PM 2-17-2004

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Re: so whose got the biggest injectors on digi-1? (mrkrad)

I just got the 440cc injectors, and I will be sending jwatts a PayPal very shortly for the new n2o switch chip. I am gonna play around with both a 3.0 and the 3.5 bar fpr to see if I can stand it rich down low. As soon as I get dyno vids, I will try to get them up ASAP.
t3s60
stock pg bottom
ported xflow head
shorty manifold
boosting til it runs lean

·
Registered
8,042 Posts

I could throw in the 720's with some resistors I suppose.......

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: so whose got the biggest injectors on digi-1? (130_R)

resistors are a poor idea. For $250 (ls1tech for sale forum) you can get a nicely used 8 injector sequential drive box that will actually fire peak n hold low impedance injectors.
You would only use half of the unit and i suppose bridge it for batch fire, but i saw the deal on a used for a few hundred miles.
this unit actually does peak n hold

·
Registered
5,874 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mrkrad »
post a video of the car idling/driving.
This get straitened out on the #42s yet??? My chip was done shortly after you started tuning em. Slight waiver at idle...But Cold start is CRAP. Danny was sayin you were in the same bout at that point. Mebe ill hafta get an update with a Rev limiter if its all good now

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Re: so whose got the biggest injectors on digi-1? (TwinScrew20v)

Quote, originally posted by TwinScrew20v »
This get straitened out on the #42s yet??? My chip was done shortly after you started tuning em. Slight waiver at idle...But Cold start is CRAP. Danny was sayin you were in the same bout at that point. Mebe ill hafta get an update with a Rev limiter if its all good now

Least you have a chip for your 42's.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: so whose got the biggest injectors on digi-1? (StaggerLee)

i dunno it may run a ***** rich at cold start, but i can step in my car, at 27F ambient (overnight freeze), turn the key, drive off, hit boost all within 30 seconds and all is good on my stage 4 [email protected]

Of course that is not a recommended method of starting your cars but in emergency situations, it is necessary to operate correctly.
wavering idles, if its not wavering 200rpm's, suck up and deal with it. I might get a 50rpm waver at most. Likely another subsystem of your car is not dialed in right to get a big waver in idle.
You must understand that when such large injectors are placed on a smaller motor there will be some repercussions, if you are not willing to deal with small quirks, don't build a race car, you'll never be happy.
They sell new neon's that idle perfectly and make 300hp from the factory (mopar performance). We're dealing with a 15 year old design, alot has happened in all facets of automotive technology in the last 15 years.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts

I could care less bout the idle
**** it may be 100 rpm at the most at its worst but my car aint perfect so who care...But cold start...Woah. Gets a nasty buck and barely idles hard to drive. I cant make it 100ft in 1st without poppin back...I lived with it but Ive been drivin cars that dont do it for two months and if you have it smoothed out a bit Im up for a replacement

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

defo talk to danny bout that. i can't speak for 20V but mah shizzle don't buck.
i swear i can jump in the car anytime, haul balls all the way to work if its an emergency and its like buttah.
danny's 2.0 is every better due to its off board increased power.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts

need some more seat time with that shizzle
. Since I got my setup together, that was one of the issues I spent the most time dealing with.
as far as the highest flowing, I'm up there with the Jetta Killa helped out with.
theirs is running 52# mopar injectors at somwhere under 40psi (old chip).
my 2L 16V is using 48# and a 3.5bar fpr right now. Idle is rock solid at 1000rpm (well, close enough
). The larger displacement definitely helps to tame the large injectors. As for the cold start, and light throttle settings, it actually drives a little smoother than what I had with the 3.0bar, since I was tuned a tad lean before. My only problem now is that the marginally rich fueling at 15psi is now overly rich (sputter!). Had to turn the boost down until I can remap
. Oh, well.

Modified by jwatts at 11:39 AM 2-18-2004

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Re: so whose got the biggest injectors on digi-1? (jwatts)

Danny got my 42#ers working pretty damn good last weekend, considering we didn't part ways until at least 3:30am.
Idle is currently around 1100, and it's nice and smooth. Cold start is crap, but that just might be because I don't have an ISV or any of the other junk.

Neal
'77 Scirocco G60

1 - 12 of 12 Posts