VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=933871
I went to the VW dealership to get quotes on the stuff. THey could only get me about 3/4 of it all. I was figuring in at around $5000 or so for the quote. Turns out that it was about $10500 for the stuff that they could get!! I have to source some of the other stuff. But yeah, I'm looking at about $13-15K for the damage.
Please, no threat or talk of violence as that is why my other thread was closed. Thank you for you kind words of sympathy.
Abraham

· Registered
2,827 Posts
Have you thought to get the items fingerprinted? What is to keep your uncle from saying it wasn't him? Without an eyewitness, you will need some other form of evidence to back you up.
Good luck!

· Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's the only with axx to the garage. He's the only one with reason(if you can call it that) to do it. And he told my mother to tell me that "If he burns his uncle, that's the last thing he'll ever do" 1 day after I confronted him about the Inspection Sticker and Battery.
abraham

· Registered
8,845 Posts
Re: (Gregor413)

Why take his side? Maybe he did something to have his uncle do that....
Just kidding. Reguardless of your history, people shouldn't do things like that. My ex has 70 of my DVD's, and my BBS splitties in storage.. I decided to just get over it.. (3 splitties, got them for free) Not worth the hassle, honestly. But in your case, that is pure destruction. It would have been better to have the stuff just dissappear, instead of being violated like that. Real men confront people to thier face.. None of this little boy rip up stuff BS... What a sissy.. Later, hope it gets taken care of. Todd

· Registered
401 Posts
Re: (fast84gti)

qoutes are all fine and dandy but i dont think itll fly in court.
tho it might be a goldmine to us to others is just stuff thats 20 years old
and im sure its value will be ALOT lower than that in the courts eyes.
but im pulling for ya man..go for every nickle you can get. i might also
try getting printouts of the items you have that are on ebay and print the final sale price
just to prove what 20 year old parts go for http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Idea MillerA1. Thanks for that.
I think the quote form the Dub ship should suffice, as that it the parts that they can replace.
Thanks all!
Abraham

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.