VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FRIDAY NIGHT HOTEL INFO:
La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport N Conv.
3970 Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
1-702-796-9000

As the memories of the great times we had at Fastivus fade away during the long summer,
and with the next Fastivus being so far away (May 2010)... we need a little mini-event to
hold us over until we all meet again at our annual R32 love-fest. On a much smaller scale,
I think that a track event at an amazing facility (Spring Mountain in Pahrump, Nevada)
along with a night on the town in Las Vegas just 50 miles away is perfect.
Let's do it and call it the SoCal R32 Fall Classic! Not really classic, but it sounds good. No
expectations of anywhere near 159 R32s... I'm thinking more like 20 or so, but the more
the merrier. Based on feedback, we can either plan a full weekend or if the numbers are
low, we can play it by ear. But who knows, maybe we get enough people to do our very own
R32 only run group!
Registration for the track event is open at Redline... if you're interested, I suggest you
register soon, as the HPDE may sell out quickly since there aren't any specific spaces being
held for SoCal R32. And because we all come with different budgets and expectations for
Vegas... we won't have a host hotel, but I will post up where I and others are staying so
that you can join in or go to a different hotel if you prefer. No matter where we sleep, we
will get together for dinner/drinks/shenanigans.
So I wanna know... WHO'S IN? ROLLCALL!!!
(As usual, I will only be adding 100% confirmed "IN" responses in the rollcall, but please
do post up if you are interested or strongly considering and let me know when you are "IN"
for sure.)
REGISTER HERE: http://redlinetimeattack.com/Event/Details/10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Mountain Motorsports Park
3601 South Highway 160
Pahrump, NV 89048
http://www.SpringMountainMotorsports.com
Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch is a 193-acre facility for car enthusiasts located in
Pahrump, Nevada. The racetrack consists of various configurations within a 3.5-mile road
course. The “original” north/south road course is 2.2 miles in length and features elevation
changes totaling approximately 50 feet. The newest section of the Motorsports Ranch, now
known as the West Track - or Radical Loop - is 1.5 miles in length and includes two banked
corners, one dramatic blind drop, and one technical off-camber corner, along with a screaming
fast straight, serving as an adrenaline packed experience for the ultimate in driving
excitement. The track was designed to keep the car in constant transition, which provides the
drivers with full feedback.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Nebuchadnezzar
2. [email protected]
3. WonderBucket
4. DJ Sherif
5. ChrisJGuzman
6. AlvinT
7. Mr. Peach
8. smart drive
9. soulkane (TDI Wagon
)
10. QBNR32

Modified by nebuchadnezzar at 3:00 PM 9-11-2009

Modified by nebuchadnezzar at 3:29 PM 9-11-2009

·
Registered
653 Posts
Re: SoCal R32 Fall Classic - Spring Mountain Track Day + Las Vegas weekend (nebuchadnezzar)

Maybe, if I do not have to work in Hawaii that weekend

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
A track in Vegas, eh? Good thing you got that oil cooler to keep the car from destroying itself! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Re: SoCal R32 Fall Classic - Spring Mountain Track Day + Las Vegas weekend (nebuchadnezzar)

I'm sooooo in!!!! Been waiting to do this for months. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,288 Posts

In. Been here twice (old track and new) and while it can be hot, it's one of those 'gotta drive it once' tracks. I've driven the 2.2 & 3.5 mile configurations (30+ turns), some banked turns, and elevation change. Very fun and hot (118 F).
I'll be driving Saturday; possibly instructing with Redline. The Sunday Time Attack is on my long list. Hope to see some new faces at this fine track!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts

OK, so I'm gonna have to bow out of my first Neb event this year.
Mrs. Rizzo is due back from Iraq that weekend and I got some laundry and cleanin' to do...
No chance you can make it one week earlier?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

In.
for Saturday.
I'm at -
element by Westin Las Vegas Summerlin
10555 Discovery Drive,
Las Vegas,NV,89135
(702) 589-2000
on Friday and Saturday nights. Booked through hotwire as "west of strip" (Pahrump was all full up).
"Mrs_Peach" will be flying in on Sunday and we'll be moving to the Bellagio for a few days.

Modified by Mr_Peach at 8:10 AM 8-21-2009

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Re: SoCal R32 Fall Classic - Spring Mountain Track Day + Las Vegas weekend (f.rizzo)

We don't make the schedule. We just drive.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Pretty sure this will be the weekend I get back to Vegas from Florida, so if anything, I'll come out to watch on Sunday. And then we can all roll to In-N-Out...that way I'm not the only MkV R32 to show at local meets...

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
FV-QR

most likely in just have to get the scheduling and financing of the trip sorted
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

Quote, originally posted by nebuchadnezzar »

Where do the SoCal R32 racing numbers come from? I assume they're magnetic?

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: SoCal R32 Fall Classic - Spring Mountain Track Day + Las Vegas weekend (Mr_Peach)

freud_g makes them for us... he usually batches an order together for multiple people... shoot him an IM.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Re: SoCal R32 Fall Classic - Spring Mountain Track Day + Las Vegas weekend (Mr_Peach)

I will go in for the multi order http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif let me know.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Re: SoCal R32 Fall Classic - Spring Mountain Track Day + Las Vegas weekend (Uncle Wiggley)

I will go in for the multi order let me know.
Will do so

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

freud_g makes them for us... he usually batches an order together for multiple people... shoot him an IM.

Does somebody keep "the list" of numbers so I don't use one that's taken already?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

numbers that i know for sure are taken are:
32, 33, 99, 55, 77, 66
there are more but I can't remember at the moment.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Re: SoCal R32 Fall Classic - Spring Mountain Track Day + Las Vegas weekend (DjSherif)

What about 3 digits - like we need for speed ventures?
What about SoCal R32 stickerz while we are at it?????

·
Registered
590 Posts

Alright, I'll go with the demand. If I have at least 10 peoples I'll do a run. I have 4 so far. IM me if interested I'll give you more details.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Re: SoCal R32 Fall Classic - Spring Mountain Track Day + Las Vegas weekend (freud_g)

I know you love your R32 only gtgs but come on man! As good as you are at this stuff, you could get some other cool cars having fun and enjoying life....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts