VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2011 Summer date: Saturday, June 18th 10:30 ish :thumbup:

2011 Fall date: TBD.............. Early September?
2011 Winter Date:TBD.......... Mid December?
2012 Spring date: TBD.......... March?

Dates TBD at this time, let's get some feedback as to when we can schedule this/these around the other shows and events.

This was a great turnout last time we got together :thumbup:

The info from the first one...

click here for the original thread

Say 10:30ish ;)

There hasn't been a good weekend GTG in quite some time and a few folks seem interested. I figure the date is far enough out and not near any holidays, so possibly a good turnout. I have been made aware of the old SoFla GTG's, it seemed awesome and was suggested a grassroots style GTG may bring fellow dubbers, local and from afar???

Bring watcha got, burgers, drinks and whatnot, there are grills at the park. I am planning to bring all of the above, plus some frisbees, footballs, chairs, ect... I will edit and update the thread in a few days with links and some more info :)

Admission is $2.00 per car :beer:

16001 West State Road 84
Sunrise, FL 33326

Markham Park is west of the Sawgrass Expressway and just north of West State Road 84.

See map in post #16 for inside park location and directions. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbup: Needa post tho where in markem
I tried to get the inside park sketch iscrape made up, but he took it down, we will make another one, but it's in the biggest grassy area dead center in the aerial pic :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know im in.... :thumbup:
Fosho Tony, We will talk about some potential dates at the Broward meet tonight :thumbup:

For EVERYONE: Does Saturday or Sunday work better for all of you? I know it won't work for all, but trying to accommodate the masses for a good turnout. It was on a Sunday last time.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
ill be there just say a date.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why not closer to fall winter.. that ish be hot june july august lol... sorry missed the meet was in PSl
We should have one then to, quarterly Tony ;)

These GTG's are always fun and last time IIRC dubcartel brought out a slip'n slide

·
Registered
63 Posts
this is a great idea but the admission to markham is 2.00 now but summer time is perfect i

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this is a great idea but the admission to markham is 2.00 now but summer time is perfect i
Good to know :beer: And hope to see you there, thinking mid-June about two weeks after SOWO

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
whats sowo im some what new to the vw scene down here
SOWO is a VW gathering in a quaint German style village in Helen, Georgia, full on judged show with good turnout results, plus I've heard the backroads there are amazing, haven't been myself...

It is a mock of Worthersee held every year in Austria, just a lil history ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
wow guess i ned to save for an extra trip im going to h2o like i did last year but that sounds worth the trip

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wow guess i ned to save for an extra trip im going to h2o like i did last year but that sounds worth the trip
definitely bro and I'll be @ H2O this year as well, don't care if I have to fly up :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im driving for sure gotta make a stop in va and meet up with 30 or so other dub owners
I call shotty :D

Hoping to have mine "done" by then, but with the lack of work, I seriously doubt I will have the funds to drop the turbo in :(

1 - 20 of 155 Posts