VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

SoFla Grassroots GTG @ Markham Quarterly......Non-Affiliated of course

12K views 154 replies 33 participants last post by  thtninjather 
#1 · (Edited)
2011 Summer date: Saturday, June 18th 10:30 ish :thumbup:

2011 Fall date: TBD.............. Early September?
2011 Winter Date:TBD.......... Mid December?
2012 Spring date: TBD.......... March?

Dates TBD at this time, let's get some feedback as to when we can schedule this/these around the other shows and events.

This was a great turnout last time we got together :thumbup:

The info from the first one...

click here for the original thread

Say 10:30ish ;)

There hasn't been a good weekend GTG in quite some time and a few folks seem interested. I figure the date is far enough out and not near any holidays, so possibly a good turnout. I have been made aware of the old SoFla GTG's, it seemed awesome and was suggested a grassroots style GTG may bring fellow dubbers, local and from afar???

Bring watcha got, burgers, drinks and whatnot, there are grills at the park. I am planning to bring all of the above, plus some frisbees, footballs, chairs, ect... I will edit and update the thread in a few days with links and some more info :)

Admission is $2.00 per car :beer:

16001 West State Road 84
Sunrise, FL 33326

Markham Park is west of the Sawgrass Expressway and just north of West State Road 84.

See map in post #16 for inside park location and directions. :thumbup:

#3 ·
I tried to get the inside park sketch iscrape made up, but he took it down, we will make another one, but it's in the biggest grassy area dead center in the aerial pic :thumbup:

#5 ·
Fosho Tony, We will talk about some potential dates at the Broward meet tonight :thumbup:

For EVERYONE: Does Saturday or Sunday work better for all of you? I know it won't work for all, but trying to accommodate the masses for a good turnout. It was on a Sunday last time.

#10 ·
We're thinking mid June, I know it will be hot, but it was hot the last time, just with sowo and all...

If it's after August I'll be there lol.
If not, there will be another one soon after ;)

#12 ·
We should have one then to, quarterly Tony ;)

These GTG's are always fun and last time IIRC dubcartel brought out a slip'n slide

#14 ·
Good to know :beer: And hope to see you there, thinking mid-June about two weeks after SOWO

#16 ·
SOWO is a VW gathering in a quaint German style village in Helen, Georgia, full on judged show with good turnout results, plus I've heard the backroads there are amazing, haven't been myself...

It is a mock of Worthersee held every year in Austria, just a lil history ;)

#18 ·
definitely bro and I'll be @ H2O this year as well, don't care if I have to fly up :thumbup:

#22 ·
Nice man, I may have to hit you up on that. I had a room booked last year with some friends in a local condo, then decided last minute I wasn't going to go :banghead:

#39 ·
:thumbup:

hi guys that date wont work for me... nephew birthday party/bbq will be that date in fact you guys should show up with some young ones.. bounce house food etc
sorry Tony, I knew we wouldn't be ale to accommodate everyone, but not to worry, September is not that far away ;)

#43 ·
Nice Nelson :beer:

I may try to go to the EEM meet tomorrow night and spread the word, as well as on Thursday night pending location approval for the Broward group :thumbup:

#45 ·
Nice! If we can get a flyer made up, I could drop one off with Street and Sand & Eurodreams :thumbup:

Also gonna invite my buddy with the epic dune buggy, you guys really have to see this thing :eek::eek::eek:

#47 ·
I'll talk to Jay, he does that sort of stuff for a living and is setting up my website, should be cake for him.

Oh, and just noticed, thanks for the head's up(s)/props in your sig :thumbup:

#49 ·
:thumbup: I'll check thru the pics posted for the last one and see what we can put together ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.