VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Lexus IS 350 F Sport
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
⚠ Price has been reduced to $700 shipped, or $650 local.

Recently I traded my 2016 GTI, so I no longer have use for my Cobb Accessport with DSG flashing. I've had my Accessport since October 2020, so... not long at all. I have all the included accessories and even the original box in which it was shipped. I really enjoyed using this Accessport, especially the data-logging and the DSG service functions, which certainly improved the vehicle's behavior in normal driving, let alone spirited driving.

New, this cost me $1075, so I am asking only a little more than the price of a base Accessport. DSG flashing is another $400 on top of the base item.

Product Cable Home accessories Wire Electronics accessory

Electronic device Technology Display device Gadget Electronics

Electronic device Text Communication Device White Mobile phone

Electronic device Communication Device Technology Display device Gadget

If you are in the 64133 area, I could also meet up with you if you like. For you local folks, I will drop the price to $650. Thanks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Which company is the dsg tune from? Or is it just a Cobb dsg tcu file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which company is the dsg tune from? Or is it just a Cobb dsg tcu file?

Good question. The DSG maps on this Accessport are the base maps from Cobb, which are included with the DSG functionality. In order to get the DSG flashing capability on the Accessport, there is an additional charge. You can always work with pro-tuners to develop your own DSG maps.

edit: To clarify, you can tune the DSG out-of-the-box with this Accessport. I ran the OEM+ map from Cobb and found it to be just what I wanted - drives like the stock car, but with quicker clutch engagement off the line and a noticeable reduction in intervention after I went Stage 1.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good question. The DSG maps on this Accessport are the base maps from Cobb, which are included with the DSG functionality. In order to get the DSG flashing capability on the Accessport, there is an additional charge. You can always work with pro-tuners to develop your own DSG maps.

edit: To clarify, you can tune the DSG out-of-the-box with this Accessport. I ran the OEM+ map from Cobb and found it to be just what I wanted - drives like the stock car, but with quicker clutch engagement off the line and a noticeable reduction in intervention after I went Stage 1.
I’m helping a friend find an accessport with either a eqt stage 2 ots for 2019 box code or an accessport with a eqt dsg tune. Your pricing is good that’s why I asked thanks for getting back to me tho!!! Glws!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m helping a friend find an accessport with either a eqt stage 2 ots for 2019 box code or an accessport with a eqt dsg tune. Your pricing is good that’s why I asked thanks for getting back to me tho!!! Glws!
Well this would be an option - buy the Accessport, then buy the EQT DSG tune separately. The Accessport comes with a shelf Stage 2 ECU tune. Or, you could get a custom tune from EQT or use their shelf stage 2 ECU tune as well. I highly suggest trying the stock Cobb DSG maps, as they will get you the increased clamping force. Up to your friend on how they want to do it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not just keep it and use with your new GLI ?
New car with a warranty. I'd rather just not mess with it. With the GTI it was different, since that car was out of warranty. I may do exhaust or intake down the road, we'll see.

Reactions: MonsterM

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have decided to drop the price $50, to $700 including shipping.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This has been sold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts