VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an ad on thesamba TheSamba.com :: VW Classifieds - 1956 Beetle sedan
Text posted below. Thanks for looking

I have owned this car since Dec 2002, 95% of the work has been performed by me or my dad. It was a painted, rolling shell with some exterior parts bolted on and a stripped interior.
Will consider selling for $11,500 without the Porsche 356 wheels

Interior rebuilt by me in 2003. Carpet, headliner, seat kit, Flat 4 Mahogany wheel. Speedo rebuilt by Palo Alto Speedometer.
Wiring Works, period correct harness installed. etc. etc.
5 Original 356 Lemmerz wheels
Original body pan in excellent condition

1914cc engine built in 2005 with all the following NEW parts:
AS41 case machined for full-flow and 94mm bore by CB Performance.
Kolbenschmidt crank bearings, Glyco dual thrust cam bearing.
DMS German, counter-weighted, 8 dowel crank, very high quality.
WebCam 86b, billet lifters, Competition Engineering billet straight cut gears
Scat chromoly 12.5 lb flywheel, Scat gland nut.
Scat I-beam rods with ARP bolts.
Forged 94mm Mahle pistons and cylinders
DRD Racing Level5 CB performance 044 heads with 40x35.5 valves. Etc, etc.

Transaxle was built by KCR in Riverside, CA. Super Street Plus: Bugpack Super diff, H/D ERCO side cover, welded 3rd & 4th gears, steel shift forks, 4.12 Klingelnberg r/p, 3.78 (Super Beetle) 1st gear, chromoly pinion retainer.
I have a binder of receipts for the entire project totaling thousands, no corners were cut $$. Has ~16,000 miles, this will increase as I drive the car occasionally.

I built this car to drive. It has been driven to Arcata, CA, Sacramento Bugorama on may occasions, The VW Classic in 2010, etc. I have NEVER been stranded by this car. It is not a show queen, but it has been maintained properly and cared for. The paint was very presentable in 2002 when I accquired the car. It has some imperfections and minor cracking of bondo work(done before my ownership). This damage occurred due to being stored under a weather proof car cover.

Work recently completed
April 2, 2020: NEW front brake shoes, front bearings inspected and greased. Brake hardware cleaned and inspected. Entire brake system flushed with new DOT 3 fluid and air bled from system.

Aug 19, 2020: Oil and filter change (Brad Penn 20w-50 semi-synthetic, Wix 51515 filter). Valves adjusted to loose .000"(chromoly pushrods), gear oil drain and fill, new German axle boots intalled. Ignition timing checked, distributor points set.

Clean title in my name, registration is current.

Please, no offers over email. Do not waste your time or mine.
If you are ready with cash in hand I will answer any questions or send more detailed photos.
I am limiting contact due to the health pandemic, but happy to set a meeting time and day for serious buyers to view the car.
Happy hunting!

How do i contact you?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.