VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

At long last Solo Werks has released the MK6 platform S1 Coilovers!

These coilover kits are for all MK6 Jetta's including SportWagen that have the 55mm OD front shock body.

Solo Werks lists this as the following models:
SportWagen
SE and SEL
TDI

Please verify the outside diameter of your front struts at the mounting point on the spindle as in these images:
Image 1
Image 2

We are offering these complete coilover kits for:

Lower 48 states - $499 shipped within the

Hawaii / Alaska / PR - $559 shipped
http://www.amimotorsports.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=7548

Canada: $575+GST/HST shipped (all duties and taxes are taken care of by AMI)

Click Here to Order

We have again had the pleasure of performing the Beta testing and first installation on this kit and have the measurements and data over and above the manufacturers specs :cool:

Here are the specs / details on the kit:

Features at A Glance

Solo Werks S1 Coilover System - MK5 and MK6 - Premium Entry Level Coilover Suspension!

• NEW FORMULA Silver Zinc Plated Housings for superb corrosion resistance
  • Silver spring perches - double lock ring design
  • Platform Specific Spring Rates and Matched Valving
  • Front 35-55mm (1.4-2.2") Lowering Range
  • Rear 35-70mm (1.4-2.75") Lowering Range
  • Includes shortened Sway Bar End links!
  • 3 year Limited Warranty

Each Kit contains:

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

• 2 Front Threaded Coilover Dampers -NEW FORMULA Silver Zinc Plated with dual locking ring spring perches
  • 2 Front Springs+2 Helper springs
  • 2 Rear Dampers
  • 2 Front Swaybar End Links
  • 2 Rear Adjustable Perches
  • 2 Coilover Spanner Wrenches

Please note, you must reuse your factory bump stops/dust boots with this kit.

Here is the Beta Test car in its testing:

Stock height:

At the Solo Werks lowest "recommended lowest setting - 55mm front 70mm rear":

The Hub to Fender measurements for the Solo Werks Recommended max lowering:

Solo Werks Posted Lowering ranges:

AMI Tested max drop:

AMI Tested max drop measurements:

• Tire size as tested is 225/45/17
  • The max lowering shown in the tables above is achieved at the lowest position of the threaded adjustment on both front and rear axles.
  • Helper Springs have been retained and should not be removed! See notes below on the Helper Springs.
  • These measurements allow for the shock absorbers both front and rear to have the minimum amount of travel required by the engineers to do their job before full bump stop engagement.
  • Depending on your wheel and tire combination, you may need spacers to clear the coilover perch/springs. SOLO WERKS recommends at least 5mm clearance in this case.
  • At the lowest level with some wheel/tire combinations, you may need to modify one or more of your body panels to allow for sufficient travel of the wheel inside the fenders. Please ensure that you have clearance from all obstacles through the complete travel of the wheels.

NOTES: The Helper springs are there to keep tension on the main spring during full extension of the shock absorber.

The main spring is not long enough on its own to keep the shock at full extension.

Removal of the helpers will result in the main spring being able to travel away from its upper and lower spring perches, and will result in damage to your suspension as well as other components.

DO NOT REMOVE THEM!!!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what would you compare these two in terms of quality?
Hello joe.a.michael, thanks for the question!

I would consider these a direct competitor to FK Streetlines for quality & performance :thumbup:

Glen @ AMI :beer:

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello jimmyvdubb5,

From our info, the Jetta S has the smaller 50mm diameter housing, and will not work with this kit.

If you can verify that your S has the 50 or 55mm front housings, we can tell you for sure!

You need to get this measurement:

Give us a call and we can walk you through it if needed :)

Thanks
Glen @ AMI

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for their questions & orders!

Our shipping department is busy getting your kits shipped this afternoon for everyone who has ordered as of 3:00PM pacific time today, watch your email for tracking :thumbup:

Let us know if you have any questions!

Glen @ AMI :beer:

·
Registered
739 Posts
damn! so these won't fit my 2.0l jetta?

but fit without problem my mk6 jsw, right?

it's 575$ at my door in canada?

seems like a very good deal!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
damn! so these won't fit my 2.0l jetta?

but fit without problem my mk6 jsw, right?

it's 575$ at my door in canada?

seems like a very good deal!
Correct on both points for fitment - Can you confirm that your S has the 50mm OD front struts? WE have not been able to confirm or deny that this is the case on all S's.

The price is a special one as we have a deal with FedEx to have the kits sent 2 day with all brokerage and duties/taxes etc worked in :beer:

Thanks!
Glen @ AMI

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
need anyone to install/review these for a discounted price? :D
Thanks for the offer joe.a.michael, but we have already sent out a half dozen kits to MK6 Jetta owners :)

Any one has this on a MK6 jetta 2.5? :beer:
I am hoping with all the kits that went out this week that we have some reviews out there shortly!

Thanks!
Glen @ AMI

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is this an introductory price, or can we expect this for a while?
Great Question!

We should have this offer on for at least the complete month of February, unless Solo Werks sells out of all their stock :)

Thanks!
Glen @ AMI

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for answering, but I do have one more question. How can this kit fit both the Mk V and Mk VI Jetta when the two have completely different rear end assemblies? The Mk V has a multi-link rear suspension, while the Mk VI does not. I'm just not sure how the two vehicles with different rear end assemblies can utilize the same kit.
Another good question!

Other than taking Solo Werks word for it, we have compared the kits to the other offerings from other coilover companies and they match up :beer:

Thanks
Glen @ AMI

·
Registered
98 Posts
great thanks! just getting ready to order these. Last question is....do you know if the MK6 2011 SE has the 50 or 55mm front housings? I am away and have no way to measure.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
great thanks! just getting ready to order these. Last question is....do you know if the MK6 2011 SE has the 50 or 55mm front housings? I am away and have no way to measure.
Our information shows the S is the only one with the 50mm, so your SE should have the 55mm :thumbup:

With that said, VW historically has not always been the most consistent with this kind of thing. If there is a problem and yours has the 50mm, we will work it out with you :beer:

Thanks!
Glen @ AMI

·
Registered
332 Posts
so thats $575 including shipping and taxes/duties to canada????
+1

if that's the case then wow is it enticing me to make the purchase lol

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so thats $575 including shipping and taxes/duties to canada????
Close :cool:

To Canada it is $575+HST or GST (province dependent) ALL IN Price.

All in Price means shipping and all border charges such as duties, taxes, brokerage fees, clearance etc... You will not receive any surprise bills from any agency or shipping company once the original transaction is done at AMI, we take care of it all. :beer:

It is also a specially negotiated Express shipping with FedEx, which is a 2-3 day service from our California office to you!

Thanks
Glen @ AMI

1 - 20 of 400 Posts