VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i removed the charger pipe put the elbow in a bucket of water and blew some pressure in, it bubbled from the crappy connection, and this is with the O ring in place and teflon tape wrapped round.
what i did was took the rubber hose from the O ring conenction, there is a metal lip crimped around it at the top where it snaps on to the socket.
with mole grips keep pulling at the ring and aventually it will rip, keep pulling it untill all the metal on the out side of is gone. then with grips grip the top rim then the metal ring will peel from the hose. you will be then left with a 100% rubber hose.
grind/cut the metal socket off just round the line where the socket gets narrower to the main pipe.
file the metal pipe and make a lip with a hammer to secure the hose better.
take a hose joiner and a solicone sleeve, use these 3 parts to replace the O ring and socket connection. see pics below:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

if you want i think you can replace the s bend standard hose with a 90 degree and a 45 degree hose clamped with a hose joiner.
i would advise this mod, with the O ring and teflon tape i could still make air escape from blowing in to it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and of course i clamped the upper blue silicone with a mikalor clamp to, incase you are wondering why i left it off

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Re: solution with pics to replace that crappy O ring connection on the upper IC pipe (myk3)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Re: solution with pics to replace that crappy O ring connection on the upper IC pipe (myk3)

Good solution!! I have a boost leak at that same joint and i've tried 3 different OEM pieces (all leaked just the same......)
This is a good option if you can't find one of the Dubsport hard pipes that seem to have gone out of production long ago

1 - 5 of 5 Posts