VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the 9A swap with new mounts, shift linkage, every conceiveable seal and gasket. I was very surprized with How well it looks with all the wires and everything organized with the brown(vw) zip ties. As for the power the top end is better but not huge but the low end is soo much better and way more driveable then the 1.8l. I have the 2.0 head on there now, but plan on swapping for the 1.8 head decked and ported and polished with some 268s maybe. If I can find a compleate motronic system cheap its going in.
If anyone is interested feel free to ask any ?s
And for the fun part I was driving around all day yesterday and found two races the first was a Saab 900 turbo from a stop, Got him from the start and kept a few car lengths in front of him to like 80 and then he caught up but couldn't pass me

The second was a '93 Sho and toasted him from the on ramp at like 20mph to about 120 and then backed off and he flew past me and almost rear ended a Suburban LOL dumbass!

[Modified by pastpargolf, 5:08 PM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Re: Some 2.0 swap notes/ race stories (Josh[deady]Able)

OMG if you did a complete write up, i would be very grateful. i will be doing this mod faily soon. i am looking into what block to get. i think the aba bored out has a lot of potential. everything from a vw 1.8 16v bolts on right?
i have a lead on a 9a block/rods/crank/pistons (but will be boring it out to 84mm)
for $200 CDN
not too bad. i figure the pistons will be pretty expensive. any ideas on how much (forged) ones will be? comp=10.1:1
but anyway, that would be soooooo useful to *ALL* the other vw folks if someone who has experienced a swap did a write up with the problem areas, and easy points.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Some 2.0 swap notes/ race stories (Josh[deady]Able)

Tech editor Chris, sounds good.
I'll hop on MS word for a while, but to save my own life I couldn't figure out how to get on rocco.org numerous times, josh send me Brett's email so I can have him "manualy" put me on.
Also got a cool headlight thing brewing With some single H4 5x7s like an old fox or a A1 GTI, I'll snap some pics as I do it, far cooler then Rally lights! j/k
I screwed with the timing and got it at +12 deg with no audible knocking but the car won't start as quick as with 6-10 deg??
Not too much of a differnce beetween them so far.
Josh-got a new stock down pipe,oringal stainless mid pipe and a straight through Bosal rear muffler. I can't see any gains with a sport one thats the same size and won't last as long and sounds like a whet fart. And I make fun of whet fart cars all the time, so people would make fun of me. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
and I like going on road trips with no ringing in my ear while I sleep. But the supersprint exhausts are kinda a classy fart noise and stainless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts