VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
20,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully the GLI will get the full cluster as rumored... if not, there may be hope from the Passat side of the parts bin

·
Registered
798 Posts
i think you need to find one that has KESSY as well. If i'm not mistaken VW still has their security system impeded in the cluster.

Time will only tell. that is one of MUST do's on my car as well. I feel like i need to know the temp and DTE all the time :D

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
20,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think you need to find one that has KESSY as well. If i'm not mistaken VW still has their security system impeded in the cluster.

Time will only tell. that is one of MUST do's on my car as well. I feel like i need to know the temp and DTE all the time :D
Someone in Europe has done the instrument cluster swap on a Passat, from the older Blue setup to the white setup.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4662426-2005-Passat-with-2010-toys

Let's hope VW doesn't do anything to discourage it on the MK6 Jetta

·
Registered
798 Posts
Gona bring this one up from the dead.

So has anyone went thru the steps to see what's needed to change the TDI Jetta cluster yet?

I guess you would need the:
-Passat Steering wheel
-TDi Passat Cluster
-right stalk since the MFD buttons will be on the steering wheel.

what else???

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gona bring this one up from the dead.

So has anyone went thru the steps to see what's needed to change the TDI Jetta cluster yet?

I guess you would need the:
-Passat Steering wheel
-TDi Passat Cluster
-right stalk since the MFD buttons will be on the steering wheel.

what else???
I was wondering the same thing. Can you take the cluster of an MKVI Golf and dump it in the Jetta? I mean, nothing says more "we cut back in the price of the car" then a plain ass boring cluster. Fine, only change it for the 2.5 Highline and up.. I don't care... But really... this boring indicator is a true reflection to how drastic the cuts had to be at VW to sell more Jetta's.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Can you take the cluster of an MKVI Golf and dump it in the Jetta? I mean, nothing says more "we cut back in the price of the car" then a plain ass boring cluster. Fine, only change it for the 2.5 Highline and up.. I don't care... But really... this boring indicator is a true reflection to how drastic the cuts had to be at VW to sell more Jetta's.

My 2 cents.
no u cant. i tired it and it didnt even power up.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i hopeeeeeeeee soo baddddd this will be do-able one day!!! gli parts maybe!

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
20,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the GLI does get upgraded clusters... but it may not help the 2.5L Jetta... so you'll probably have get it from a Passat 2.5L SE/SEL

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
My guess is that Jetta owners are SOL. The Jetta GLI gets a different electronics system borrowed from the European Jetta while the standard US Jetta borrows its electronics from the Polo. The accounts for the cluster differences and how the GLI gets 2-sided wheel mount controls. It is very possible that neither the GLI nor the US Passat cluster will work in the standard US Jetta. But I'd love to know for sure. Odds are Polo gear will work though.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
You can't just throw a cluster in these cars. It needs to be adapted to the ECM, then the immobilizer itself needs to be adapted, and the cluster needs to be coded as well.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Can this be done with VCDS?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
You think Ross-Tech can help out with the values?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Im shocked it worked that much. Look into a program called "vag commander"

·
Registered
798 Posts
Im shocked it worked that much. Look into a program called "vag commander"
yeah when i tried 2010 Golf TDI cluster in a 2011 Jetta TDI with Kessy, nothing happened. I couldnt even start the car. The lights didnt work, nothing worked. Cluster was dead!

So i'm surprised this is working. he does have the basic jetta with key, maybe thats why:confused:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts