VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
9,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rattle can black
I have regular GTI carriers and rotors up front and I had to use a 15mm spacer out back (only one I had) to clear the brake dust shield in the back. It rubbed just a bit. Now all seems to be fine after I went for a drive.
Thanks to Uncle Jesse for helping with the paint

Sanding...

Done...

Also went to a nicely named local restaurant for a quick shoot earlier today....

· Registered
9,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (S.E.A.N.)

Quote, originally posted by S.E.A.N. »
How did you fit those wheels on your 20th?

Stock GTI carriers and rotors up front and they rubbed a bit on the brake shield in the back, or whatever that is called, so I put the 15mm spacers I had back there.
And before anyone asks/flames...I run a drag slick up front so I need the small brakes.

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Re: (PolskiHetzen)

Yeah, it's funny because i was about to ask. I was going to the track and was gonna get those wheels up front and slapp some drag radials but i heard it's a mission to do it because of the brakes. So i just went on street tires.

· Registered
2,146 Posts
Re: Some new wheels (PolskiHetzen)

did you sand the wheels before painting? primer? etc.

· Registered
9,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (Ben1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by Ben1.8T »
I like the rock inlay in the brick around your front door.
...oh and the painted steelies are nice too, I just got done that same job on my old cherokee.

my dad did that. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif That's his red truck too. It's a dump truck with mad dish in the back

Quote, originally posted by lagunaroone »
You used reular spray paint???

It's meant especially for wheels, but yes, spray paint

· Registered
3.2l A3 & 20v Rabbit
17,820 Posts
Re: (drummerguy4202)

Quote, originally posted by drummerguy4202 »
i hope you know this but ur passenger bumber is slittly coming off/ or isnt on right, other than that....it looks nice and clean!

do you mean the rubstrip on the door?
but yea my car is in bad shape right now anyways....
monday night i hit a deer in the front and then the guy behind me rear-ended me....so its in the shop now... once i get prices and whatnot the body shop guy is going to work with me so i can possibly get some other stuff done.... like fill in the bumper....etc.

· Banned
7,268 Posts
Re: (drummerguy4202)

Quote, originally posted by drummerguy4202 »
i hope you know this but ur passenger bumber is slittly coming off/ or isnt on right, other than that....it looks nice and clean!

hes a lazy ass and didnt want me to help him finish trimming the bumper for the IC, he really doesnt care on looks to be honest, speed is what hes here for

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.