VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Some night pics of my gauge install... (CanVolks)

quote:[HR][/HR]What do u mean by red setup...... can you change the Indigo blue for red set up if yes how is it possible..... some details please....
THX[HR][/HR]​
No. Red bulb in the boost gauge.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Some night pics of my gauge install... (kreuzerGOLF18T)

quote:[HR][/HR]Is this a VDO vision guage? another question...Why is your needle not visible on the boost gauge?[HR][/HR]​
No no. I mean the blue LED bulb in the boost gauge. Yes it is a Vision series. The needle isnt visible because it is a poor picture. The needle is red and it is being illuminated by a dim led bulb. This one to be exact:

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Some night pics of my gauge install... (CanVolks)

quote:[HR][/HR]Is it a hard mod , and are the red leds are available on the market...thanks[HR][/HR]​
I am talking about the BOOST gauge in the middle. That is the only bulb I changed. It had a regular 194 bulb with a red rubber on it. But yes, there are red leds available, but leds dont put out enough ambient? light to properly illuminate the gauge.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: Some night pics of my gauge install... (SlvrBllt)

I think it looks fine. It doesn't look too dark in the pictures. I would live with it, as long as you can see the needle. After all, that is the most important, right?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Re: Some night pics of my gauge install... (SlvrBllt)

I have the same LEDs, both red & blue, and a vision boost guage. The blue doesn't work great like you've noticed, and the red are even worse... they're so dim you can barley see the gauge. Sucks the only LEDs you can plug into these things are cheap dim ones. I have a blue LED keychain lights that runs off a watch battery and is 3x brighter.I've been thinking about ordering the LEDs that are the same color as the dash and wiring up a little cluster to glue in the gauge bulb hole somehow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.