VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought it a lil over a month ago.. this past weekend i lowerd it with rpi springs and shocks, single round grill, downpipe/manifold from a 91 golf, 2' exaust back to some muffler that gives the car a very nice growl... tell me what ya think. i bought the car for 2200 canadian and have put in about 500$ also the car came with the recaro seats. and has 4 wheel disc's from a 16v... also replaced the belts and wheel bearings.. and put a re built head on it which gives it a lil more pep, also sprayed the signals and banana lights with night shade....

Edit: also slapped on some new roders and pads

Modified by sk_vw at 1:22 AM 6-30-2003

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Re: Some Pics of my gti.. (sk_vw)

Nice!

You should come pick me up right now and go for a drive! You've done way more than me.. but then again I think I've bought WAYYYY more than you... it's just not on the car.. yet...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Some Pics of my gti.. (Estonian)

one problem.... no insurance
i have a day permit that starts at midnight so i go get my car from friends house then and make the best of my 24 hour coverage hehehhe.. it will be fully insured by august

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

Ahhh too bad. I guess I could always come by your place and we could use my plates....
Don't worry though, my car won't have insurance at the end of august because that's when the shaving / painting will be done.

I like the no side molding look on your car. It makes the car look smoother.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Re: Some Pics of my gti.. (Estonian)

very nice but I like the dual rounds with a badgeless grill http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Some Pics of my gti.. (Gallucci)

came with dual rounds with the black vw emblem when i bought it.... i perfer the single rounds maybe i'll get tiored of them and switch back

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Some Pics of my gti.. (VWsuperhero)

Very clean..i was thinking of getting rid of side molding and wasn't sure of what it would look like...it's gonna get done now! Good find!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Some Pics of my gti.. (VWsuperhero)

yeap 2200 bbs's and the recaro interior.. as well as some 16v goodies he got from his previous 16v.. heheh

·
Registered
10,047 Posts

Quote, originally posted by sk_vw »
came with dual rounds with the black vw emblem when i bought it.... i perfer the single rounds maybe i'll get tiored of them and switch back

thata what I mean I like the single rounds. I call the single rounds dual rounds and four lights quad. Hence I like how you have it now but I like the look of it with a badgeless grill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts