VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not much more then a shell right now sadly but thats changing daily. Ive got it stripped down to metal and will start the bodywork once Im able to borrow a welder. Hopefully tommorow.. Anyway Ive got a lot of plans and have so far been real fortunate with my parts collecting. Heres a few pics.

Modified by Demon_Dub at 2:14 AM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Re: Some pics of my MKII project (Demon_Dub)

Looks good man. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Definitely a lot different than the last time i saw it

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
Re: (Amenoveedubus)

Quote, originally posted by Amenoveedubus »

pfff, vipers are slow and gay

pfff...we all still drive early 90's volks.....its still a nice car

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
Re: (synthsis)

Keep us posted on this project.. I myself will be starting an MKII project this winter. You always seem to make aUber Hot car. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (vtgolf)

Right now Im just finishing taking the car down to the metal. I really want the paint to come out perfect and I feel the best way to do it is to have a fresh canvas to work with. Its incredibly tedius and when paint stripper gets on you quite painfull but the end result is always worth it. Heres some new pics, I'm now ready to start removing the dents, and welding up all that will be shaved.

Eagerly awaiting air grinding

I was lucky enough to find these doors locally, now I just need to get them straight.

Modified by Demon_Dub at 12:45 PM 5-30-2004

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
go get you some airplane stripper, sold at pepboys or ace. best shiz on the planet, don't get it on you or will eat skin immediately

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (duct-tape)

Ive been using Jasco Paint stripper, its not as hardcore as the Airplane stripper but its water soluable. Saved me from getting burned a few times

1 - 17 of 17 Posts