VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Some pics of my V10 (Spie)

great looking vehicle. Waiting for mine to come in hopefully in April. Can you give us your impressions on driving it, how about the diesel sound inside and outside of the vehicle.

·
Registered
48,177 Posts

Very nice. Love the color.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Some pics of my V10 (dbee)

Quote, originally posted by dbee »
great looking vehicle. Waiting for mine to come in hopefully in April. Can you give us your impressions on driving it, how about the diesel sound inside and outside of the vehicle.

Sure. The driving experience is totally dominated by the incredible 550ft/lbs torque of the V10. I find the combination of grunt and plush air suspension very intoxicating. There is a little turbo lag, but if you let the revs build slowly ... then floor it, it takes off like a locomotive. I'm getting an average of 22mpg with that dropping to 18 on short journies and rising to 23.5 on a long motorway journey at a steady 85mph.
Excessive noise just isn't an issue inside the car and when you do hit it hard it sounds very sporty and un-diesel like. Outside at tickover it sounds like a refined diesel and oddly there is hardly any exhaust note.
I have to say I love it to bits, I have the following options over and above the already superb V10 specification :-
* Anthracite Nappa Leather
* SatNav
* 12/11 Audio
* 6-CD Changer
* Dark Tinted Glass
* Tailgate Assist
* Detachable Towbar
* 19" Atheo Wheels
If you need any more info I'd be happy to help

·
Registered
3,305 Posts

Is that color available in the colonies? Gotta say it's one of the nicest Touaregs I've seen.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

Nice ride Spie!
If we are not too inquisitive, can you pleae tell us the price out the door, with tax and everything, in the UK. Either in Sterling or US dollars (convtd.)
Thanks in advance,
Cy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Some pics of my V10 (cybulman)

Quote, originally posted by cybulman »
Nice ride Spie!
If we are not too inquisitive, can you pleae tell us the price out the door, with tax and everything, in the UK. Either in Sterling or US dollars (convtd.)
Thanks in advance,
Cy

Sure. I paid £52,400 inc options and tax, and that was discounted by about £2,500. At £1=$1.85 that equates to $96,940. You can check out the standard V10 specification and options here - http://www.vw.co.uk/new_cars/Touareg/Options

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

More questions please...what is "tailgate assist"??? Is it a hydraulic gentle opener at the touch of a button???
Did the rear spoiler come as a regular feature on the V10TDI?
Thanks,
Cy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

More questions please...what is "tailgate assist"??? Is it a hydraulic gentle opener at the touch of a button???
Thanks,
Cy

Spoiler is standard on the V10. The "tailgate assist" allows you to pull the boot (trunk?) lid down from the inside until it makes contact with the locking mechanism, then it pulls in the last inch or so and locks locks electrically.

·
Registered
48,177 Posts

Thanks,
Cy

Cy, I don't see any "spoiler", just the normal overhang above the rear glass.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts

yup! it's standard on every touareg.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts

Spie,
Very nice. You guys are lucky you don't have to have the ugly amber reflectors on your front bumpers!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Re: Some pics of my V10 (S4inSoFla)

Quote, originally posted by S4inSoFla »
Is that color available in the colonies? Gotta say it's one of the nicest Touaregs I've seen.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Of course it is, but few of us have chosen it!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Awesome looking. I love the look of the TReg. Every pic I see is like... damn, that's a sexy truck/car/suv/thing.

·
Registered
228 Posts

Thank you Spie for the good post.I have a v-10 on order due April,I have a question for you did you get the sunscreens/curtains on the back windows and tailgate window?Are they standard or optional,also tell us about that trailer hitch.Thanks again heres wishing you much luck with your new ride.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: Some pics of my V10 (CaptainT-reg)

There shouldn't be any interior differences from what has been said. I found it interesting the things he paid extra for: tinted glass on the rear windows, rear hatch assist, nappa leather(which I thought was standard in the V10). As has been said before - we are really lucky in the USA with what we get as standard equipment.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Re: Some pics of my V10 (VW-Newbie)

Quote, originally posted by VW-Newbie »

Of course it is, but few of us have chosen it!

I have to agree, that is a great color ... hint hint

1 - 20 of 41 Posts