VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20AE car:
when I turn the wheel all the way, it seems as if it's scratchin somthin' (sound), why is that? what can I do? will it scratch off the paint? etc.
the rear brakes squeeks, why? it's only got 1000 km on it
thanks

· Registered
1,127 Posts
Re: Some problems, need help (Vin_ZNT)

when you turn the wheel all the way the tires will rub. i dont think they rub on the body at all, just some parts of the suspension. i dont know what parts exactly, but someone else will definately know.
as for the brakes...well a good portion of the 20th owners have that problem, so welcome to the club. but some dealers are helping out with that and others are no help at all.

· Registered
294 Posts

The rubbing may be contributed to the wheel well liner not attached to the body (frame) of the car. I have the same problem
and after an hour of looking
that is what I uncovered. I would check to see if any screws are missing or loose (not in you head
).
As for your brakes, it has happened to me as well. But some highway driving took care of that.

Good luck.

Modified by dvious141 at 12:42 AM 1-14-2004

· Registered
7,713 Posts

the dealer should know about the rubbing, there is a Tech. Service Bul. out there on it, all 20th have noisy brakes, Mine sounds like Chewbacca is trapped under the car when im in reverse!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.