VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just bought my 96 Silver Jetta 3, and I have some questions.
1. My grill is loose and will probably fall off, where can I buy a new (factory or after marker) grill? Are there any you guys reccommend?
2. I just bought the Sony Xplode (dont plan on using those crappy speakers though) HU, you guys think thats any good? I didnt have the extra $100 to spend on an alpine or kenwood mind you.
3. Several of the interior plastic pieces are broken/taped on, is there anywhere where I can buy replacements?
Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Some questions (Synergy)

Thanks man, that makes me feel a little better about my purchase. Anyone else have any feedback?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Re: (obvious510)

you can get an FK badgeles grill from http://www.fknorthamerica.com for CHEAP , and an oem wont be hard to find for cheap-ER, use your wits on that one
depending on your location, you can check out some junk yards for interior pieces, or keep an eye on the classifieds here @ da tex. good luck, hth.

·
Banned
762 Posts
Re: (abdrury)

Quote, originally posted by abdrury »
you can get an FK badgeles grill from http://www.fknorthamerica.com for CHEAP , and an oem wont be hard to find for cheap-ER, use your wits on that one
depending on your location, you can check out some junk yards for interior pieces, or keep an eye on the classifieds here @ da tex. good luck, hth.

yup, that answers #1.
#2 - sony is decent. I prefer pioneer, but sony isn't terrible. Buy the wiring harness and install it yourself, as long as you can match colors and squeeze crimpers, it's really hard to eff up.
3 - the dealer can get you most of those parts. or, yet again, check the classifieds on here. Or even a local junkyard

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Re: (topnotchmk3)

Quote, originally posted by topnotchmk3 »
go with a fk grill or a kamei, actually or a jom... they are all good quality pieces.
kamei and jom have jetta grilles? didn't know that

Seriously Syner...check the classifieds, or get that FK badgless. Interior peices are best come by at junkyards, dealers will charge too much.
good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts