VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I just got beat on $3200.00. I sold him a 0 mile vr built for boost. The little a**hole said he was from this area. I had over $6000 in this motor. He used a stolen credit card and bought somebody else's paypal account????? I don't really ever use paypal and now I never will again. Since I didn't ship the motor and had him pick it up they won't help me because there is no way to track it http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif . If anybody happens to hear of somebody putting a fresh vr in please let me know.

· Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
25,239 Posts
Re: Somebody in your area beat me for a $3200 motor (onewayvr6)

Ouch man. That's why I won't sell anything without the cold, hard cash in front of me to be counted....
Good luck. This kind of crap really sucks.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Somebody in your area beat me for a $3200 motor (G2BForReal)

I usually only do cash but in this economy its hard for people to come up $3500 in cash. I will never use paypal again, they won't help at all. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
18,021 Posts

Quote, originally posted by onewayvr6 »
Long story short I just got beat on $3200.00. I sold him a 0 mile vr built for boost. The little a**hole said he was from this area. I had over $6000 in this motor. He used a stolen credit card and bought somebody else's paypal account????? I don't really ever use paypal and now I never will again. Since I didn't ship the motor and had him pick it up they won't help me because there is no way to track it http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif . If anybody happens to hear of somebody putting a fresh vr in please let me know.

do you remember his name? or at least the name he gave you.
email address from the paypal account?

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Re: FV-QR (llllllll vr6 lllllll)

Word of the wise: Never EVER EVER EVER paypal for something that you are selling or buying and are going to pick up. With no tracking information paypal with reverse the funds.

· Registered
18,021 Posts
Re: FV-QR (3.3.7)

Quote, originally posted by 3.3.7 »
Word of the wise: Never EVER EVER EVER paypal for something that you are selling or buying and are going to pick up. With no tracking information paypal with reverse the funds.

yup, I had someone try to screw me on a deal like that...tried to be a nice guy and take the paypal because "he needed to go to the ATM", and then he tried to take the money back.
I should have known better when someone shows up to buy something, and 'forgets" to go to the ATM.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Trust me it's cash or nothing from now on. I'm actually canceling my account when I get home.

· Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
25,239 Posts

Got any surveillance cameras around in the area you met the guy at? Maybe you can see a plate number or something? Just a thought...

· Banned
13,056 Posts

Word of the wise: Never EVER EVER EVER paypal for something that you are selling or buying and are going to pick up.

Didn't you do business with me like that?

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Somebody in your area beat me for a $3200 motor (G2BForReal)

Quote, originally posted by G2BForReal »
Got any surveillance cameras around in the area you met the guy at? Maybe you can see a plate number or something? Just a thought...

He had the balls to come my house 5 hours away and pic the motor up

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.